Chapter 8: Chanda

Subhan's POV

I adjusted the mirror to look at Aayra. Dried tears, few strands of hair sticking to her face, but she still managed to look as beautiful as ever. Her nose has turned pink with all that crying. It broke my heart seeing her in this state. I wish I could hug her and take all the pain from her. Only if I could do that.

I sighed and focused back on the road. I know Aayra was right when she said she didn't want my favour, but that man could be dangerous for all we know. I am pretty sure he was her ex, but I need to look into that. I hate that man already, and was going to make his life hell once I get hold of him.

After about 20 minutes of ride, we reached home. I told Aayra that I'll get Erum inside. She hummed and went ahead with the girls.

I looked at Erums sleeping face. She looked just like her mother except for her eyes. She was even more beautiful if that was possible. I unstrapped her belt and slowly held her, making sure she doesn't wake up. I got this seat just for her after I saw them at Aayras college. Not in the hopes of anything. I got it just in case, and I am very proud of my decision.

"With whom is Ayru sharing a room?" I asked Samiya when I noticed there was no one in the living room except for her, who was sitting on the couch and watching TV.

"Aur, pehle nahalo, baad mein dekh lena TV." I scolded her.

"Sara ke saath. I went to her room and she sent me off. She always does this." She said huffing and puffing and completely ignoring the second part of my question. I shook my head at her and went upsatairs.

I knocked on the door, and heard a loud come in. It was Sara.

"Sula do bed pe." Sara ordered me. I shot her a look.

"Bas bol rahi thi bhai." She shrugged.

"Could you give me a moment with Aayra ?" I asked Sara while looking at her. She muttered an of course and scurried off the room.

"Kaisi ho ?" I asked. This is the first time I am getting to talk to her alone. She is looking ethereal in this white salwar. White is her colour. Give her anything white, and I am sure she will slay.

"Thank you for today, seriously. I don't know what would have happened if it was not for you." Tears welled up her eyes again. My hands fisted on the sides. I can't bear these tears on her face.

I stepped closer to her and touched her face. Blood rushed to my face with the little touch, and she stared up at me.

"How are you ?" I asked again feeling her smooth skin. She didn't move, I still have an effect on her then. I did a happy dance in my mind.

"I- uh- I'm f-ine." Her voice came out a little squeaky. I stepped a little more closer and she held her breath and closed her eyes.

"Agar aise react karogi, toh baat dil dene pe aa jayegi." I whispered in her ears. Her breath got hitched in her throat. As soon as I took a step back, she opened her eyes pushed me away quickly.

She took a few deep breaths and shot me a angry look. It was supposed to intimidate me, but eh.

"Tum.." She started pointing a finger at me, but I cut her off by winking at her.