Chapter 10: Good Day

I looked around to see Wajih and Sahil pushing erum on the swing, Faris and Ehana close by watching them. Sara and Samiya playing on the slides. We changed our plans of going to the mall and hit the beach instead, because according to Elyan, we wont have enough time to enjoy the rides and play all the games.

It was a task consoling erum, but Wajih handled it. Seriously, its just today that he came, and he already has taken erums responsibility. It's so good to see her carefree and happy. I could never keep her this happy all by myself.

I sat there gazing at the waters. The water glistening under the moonlight, making it so serene. Beaches at night were something else all together. The stars twinkling like diamonds, the breeze was cooler and calm, making it peaceful.

My attention diverted when I heard someone clearing their throat. I tilted my head to the left, and saw Subhan sitting by me.

"It is so peaceful no?" He said looking ahead.

"It was, until you came." I grumbled and stoop up, and he did the same.

"You can't always ignore me." He said smugly. Huh, is he for real ?!

I didn't bother replying him and started walking away when he caught my hand.

"Leave my hand." I wriggled my wrist from his hold.

"Itni asani se nahi." He said casually.

"When you had the opportunity to hold it, you didn't. Now what are you trying to prove doing all this ?" I asked staring into his eyes, and this time he didn't look away.

"I am trying to prove that I am sorry, and that I want a chance." He said pulling me towards him, his hands encircling my waist.

"I am trying to prove that I am yours, always have and always will be." He whispered near my ear, his breath fanning my neck, goosebumps erupted in my body. It's because of the breeze, i assured my self.

"I love this effect that I have on you." He gave a light squeeze on my waist and stepped back. I felt like a troop of monkey had started dancing in my stomach at that point.

"S-stay away from me." My voice came out very squeaky, damn it.

"OMG. He is so hot." I heard two girls say, they stopped a little away from us and started whispering.

I looked at his face to see that he was smirking.

"This hot face is all yours chanda." He pointed to his face, and I cringed at the nickname.

"Eww." I scrunched my nose and walked away without sparing him another glance. I heard him laugh behind me. God, if I stay here with him for anymore minute I knew I will fall for him all over again.

I saw Faris and Ehana looking my way. Great, now I have to answer their questions.

"What just happened ?" She asked all excited like a kid getting a candy

"Nothing." I replied curtly hoping they would get a hint.

"How come nothing ? We saw." Faris said this time, his grin wide.

"Shutup guys." I looked at my daughter now, ignoring these two.

"She seems so happy." Ehana said keeping her head on my shoulder, dropping the topic.