twenty four

"Where is she?" I ask, storming into the meeting room, after we followed Harium down the hall.

"She's on one of the roofs in the city," Harium tells us, "one of my men found her while looking from another building, they haven't moved in."

"Why not?!" I ask, Lucifer placing his hand on the bottom of my back.

"We can't risk it, it could be a trap," Lucifer explains, gently pushing me deeper into the room, moving a chair for me to sit down. "You need to not move too much," he whispers, before starting to talk to Harium again.

A shift in the air turns it cold for an instant before Grim appears in the room, Lorenzo by his side. "Tell me where she is," he states, unwrapping his arm from Lo.

"No," Harium states, eyes darting to Lorenzo. "You'll do something and we don't need to do something irrational. So sit down and let me explain what we need to do."

"You don't tell me to do shit," Grim tells him, taking steps to stand right in front of him. "Tell me where she is."

"No," Harium repeats.

Harium is against the wall before I can blink, Grim holding him up by his throat. Bending closer to him, he whispers something to him, baring his teeth. "Brother," Lucifer calls, moving closer to him, stopping when Grim shoots him a look.

"Tell me where she is."

"No," this time I'm the one to speak up. "Now let him go."

I watch as his fingers curl into a smaller circle, Harium gasping as he claws at Grim's forearm. Shooting up from my chair, I'm next to them in a second, grabbing Grim's hand, his hand instantly leaving Harium as he grabs his hand.

"What the hell was that?!" he screams, cradling his hand to his chest.

"Will you just shut up," I tell him. "You need to stop acting like a toddler that got his toy taken away. So shut up, take a deep breath and sit your ass down. You bulldozing through the city does not help anyone and could get Izabania killed. So sit your ass down and listen to what we have to say."

Nodding his head, he still glares at me as he sits down, Lorenzo going to stand by him. Turning to Harium, I shoot him a look as he stares at Grim. "Don't you fucking start either," I tell him. "Now explain what we are going to do."

Continuing to explain, Lucifer shifts behind me, gently moving me towards a seat. Patting my shoulder, he makes me sit down on the chair, placing his hands on my shoulder while he stands behind me.

Still glaring at Grim, Harium rubs his neck but moves back to the front of all of us, his eyes flicking to Lorenzo who continues standing still, eyes to the ground. "She's in the city."

"Sit," I command Grim as he shifts in his seat. His jaw clenched but he grabs Lorenzo's hand next to him, turning to pay attention to Harium as he continues on with this plan.

"The only thing that my men couldn't see is anyone else there, which doesn't make any sense. I believe that Iz was kidnapped before the attack really even started, no matter what we saw. It only makes sense that Koriene is waiting for us."

"We need to figure out how we are gonna figure out if anyone is over there," Lucifer says from behind me, his fingers curling ever so slightly as his muscles tighten.

We sit in silence, no one catching each other's eyes.

"I'm the one she wants," I breathe, no louder than the quietest whisper. "I'll be the one that goes on that roof."

Lucifer's fingers curl deeper into my collarbone, no doubt leaving small bruises at this pressure. "You will not."

I don't look back, not wanting to look at my husband, knowing he will only fight me. Instead I flick my eyes to Lorenzo, heart clenching as tears run down his cheek. Eyes meeting mine, he bites his lips, nodding his head ever so slightly. He knows I need his help at this moment.