PROLOGUE

How could the universe do this to us?  

The only thing that made my life sprinkle like daylight turned out to be someone who will paint my world in the purest and endless shades or gray and black. 

And I do question the sky... how could he do this to me? How did he break his promise to keep the bright colors and keep our lives shines in the brightest and happiest form? 

How could he do this to me? 

How could the universe do this to us? 

They say that I tend to victimize myself most of the time... why can't I? 

Kung paulit ulit lang naman nangyayari sa buhay ko. 

It's sickening to know the fact the people hurt me but they still manage to live a good life while I'm here... in the verge of falling down to the depth of the hell of sadness. 

Ang daya. 

Some people were so lucky to get every good things in life while me? While everyone gets the things they've always wanted, I always get the things I never wanted. 

Until him. 

He was the first thing I wished will be mine and for some blessing... I got him. 

Miguel doesn't even realize that I was the first one who fell for him. 

He kept on insisting that he fell first... that he liked me first. That's just what he believes... because the truth? 

I worked so hard... I made myself worthy of him. 

Ang perfect niya. He's got everything I wanted in my life— an almost perfect life. And the universe once sided with him when it made me fall for him. 

He became my only exception. 

The one I'm ready to be different. 

The thing that made me believe I deserve the love in the brightest shade and in the sweetest form. 

He became the one that made me realize... I've got so much love to offer because all my life... I was told that I've got nothing but ill energy towards people. 

He made me believe that I deserve to be loved...

He made me realize that I was capable of loving someone beyond whatever I thought I can. 

He was my only exception. 

Until he was not. 

"You're so unfair!" Namamaos niyang salita. Kanina niya pa 'yan binabanggit. 

I remained poker. Di ko alam pinagsasabi niya. 

"See? You wouldn't even explain yourself. So unfair!" He pondered. 

"Ano bang gusto mong sabihin ko?" Seryosong tanong ko. 

"That— the reason why you gave me silent treatment. You did not say a thing. Ang daya. Ang unfair." 

"Para kang bata." 

"Ako pa? Ang immature," bulong niya. 

"Hindi ako immature." 

He looked at me, displeased. "I didn't say na ikaw 'yung immature!" 

"Ganon din 'yon." 

Huminga siyang malalim. 

"I'm tired understanding you... siguro hindi ako mahihirapang intindihin ka if only you choose to tell me what the hell is happening instead of giving me silent treatment!"