12: 𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑠

"Ah! Hello Aizawa! How lovely to see you up and walking!"

Nezu said as the man walked into his office. Obviously the kids were given a long weekend before school started back. But that was more for their teacher's sake than theirs.

"Thanks." Aizawa said blandly. He was covered in bandages, Wrapped literally from head to toe.

"I'm sorry for calling you up here. But I've made some... Arrangements that you need to know about by the next school day. I hope you understand." Nezu said with a smile.

"Arrangements? Like extra protection?" Aizawa asked his sore eyes narrowing under his bandages.

"Erm... Yes. In a way..." The mouse looked away.

"I'm taking that as a no. What did you do?"
Aizawa asked with a sigh.

"I have transferred a new student to your class!" He said with a small cackle. "As you know one of your students dropped out after the event. There's an opening."

"What?" Aizawa asked with a groan. "Right after that class was attacked by bloodthirsty villains? That's insane. Even if we have an opening it's a horrible idea to just bring in a random kid from general studies!" Aizawa asked Nezu, who smiled.

"Oh she's not from general studies. She's from Princeton! The transfer just cleared a few hours ago! She should be here with the final paperwork any minute now." The rat seemed very pleased with himself.

"This was incredibly impulsive." Aizawa said with a sigh. "Why?" He asked. Why do this? Why him? Why didn't this school have a normal principal?

Why?

"I think you'll understand once you see her. You're acquainted you know. She's told me all about your endeavors." Nezu said, putting his paws together.

"Yeah right. Sounds made-up." Aizawa scoffed, not at all sold. Nezu hummed simply and checked his cameras.

"See for yourself."

°.•.°•.°•.°

Kira pushed open the door to Nezu's office. Ignoring the walking mummy he was talking too. "Why are you making me sign a twenty page long waiver?! What am I getting myself into?! Why is everyone acting like it's no big deal?!" She asked, dropping the stack of papers on his desk.

"It's just in case."

"Just in case, quote: "The event of a training exercise that goes haywire and I have any sort of physical or psychological damage because of it. I hereby relinquish my right to press charges against UA high and any of its staff or students?!?""
She asked, pointing at a line on the paper.
"Am I going to die?!" She asked.

"Likely not." Nezu hummed. "Did you sign it?" He checked the bottom paper. "Oh you did! And so did your legal guardian!"

"I barely even remember doing it. I basically blacked out. This is going to kill me, I'm going to die." She ran a hand through her hair.

"Nonsense! We'll take good care of you!"
Nezu said.

"She looks familiar. But I can't tell why... I can't place her anywhere... Maybe she's a relative to someone I know?" The mummy's thoughts drawled on as he studied Kira.

Kira perked up slightly. She recognized that bored inner dialogue.

"Now that this is all settled I'd like to reintroduce you to your homeroom teacher. Aizawa, Shota." Nezu nodded at Aizawa. Kria swiveled around in shock.

"Mr Aizawa, this is Kira Kokoa."

Then it clicked in his mind. He knew those eyes, those tired dark eyes. He knew her.