XIII

Annebella

"How can you look at that scum like that?" My father asked as we sat in the thrown room. 

"Do not call her scum," I snapped at him. "I can look at her any way I want. I will not look at her with hatred or any look at you give her, I will look at her with care and love. She is someone that can bring happiness to many, and love to one. She doesn't know it yet, but she will help review a bloodline, one that was once strong and pure, and she will help extend another." I looked over at Skyler as she looked out one of the many windows. Her face has been full of sadness, and she has yet to speak a work to me. I wish to get through her, make her understand that what we are, isn't a bad thing, it's in her bloodline and she must accept it. 

I walked away from my father and over to Skyler. I was worried about here, but hopefully the boys will come soon. I grow more worried about how much longer we will last here with each coming day. "Take a walk with me." I say to Skyler as she looks up at me. She didn't seem like she wanted to object, standing and following behind me. I walked down the halls looking sadly over my shoulder at Skyler as she looked around. The poor girl.

I walked us into the indoor garden taking a seat under the cherry tree. Skyler stood in front of me, she didn't seem like she knew what to do with herself. "Sit dear, no one is going to hurt you." I tell her.

"No one other then that big asshole in the other room." She grumbled making me laugh.

"You have a small point there, but I wouldn't let him hurt you. I've dealt with that man most of my life, I've almost grown used to his cruelty. Though, the warmth and love of Ashton still somehow keeps me sane after being away from him for so long." I smiled and sighed. I don't know how I was going to do it, but I would keep Skyler safe for as long as I could. My father was getting even more testy than normal. He was ready for her to be gone.

"How do you know Ashton?" She asked.

"He's my husband."

"No way! Ashton looks like he's 20! I mean so do you, but still! He-" She stopped herself, her shocked expression changed into a sad one. "Right, vampire. Kind of forgot about that for a while."

"We aren't all bad you know. Actually many of us live normal lives, just like the boys do. Most of your siblings, parents, grandparents, and so on, are vampires." I tell her. I'll let her know slowly that about Ashton and I being her great grandparents.

"How? None of them look it. Or even act like it. Were they all turned into vampires or something?"

"We are very good at hiding it. If it is in your blood, you can be born a vampire. But not every child born into a vampire family is a vampire. Many can be normal humans. I personally was born into a vampire family as a vampire. Ashton was born a vampire, so was Luke and Calum, Michael was the oddball out of everyone. Born a vampire in a human family, no blood lines of a vampire found in his past. I told Ashton a thousand times that something happened to make him on while he was still in the womb. That man never listened to what I had to tell him though. Stubborn ass. There's no questioning where Elisabeth and almost everyone else got it from. Tony is probably just like his father now, that damn boy." I started ranting at the end thinking of all of the time that Ashton drove me crazy, then the kids acting just like him.

"Tony? Elisabeth? I have a grandma named Elisabeth, and an uncle named Tony."

"Well, I think it's about time that I tell you this before I rant about Ashton and the kids more. I could tell you stories for days about them. But, Skyler Ashton is your great grandfather. Yes he's an old fart. That also means that I'm your great grandmother."

"Ashton? No way. No way." She stood up, looking at me as if I was crazy.

"I would say ask him yourself, but sadly at the moment that isn't possible. I do have some pictures if you'd like to see them, I don't know if they would help much. I've been away from everyone for a very long time." I sighed. I missed my family, Skyler is the closest thing that I have seen of my family in many years, at least of mine and Ashton's family.

"If I'm related to you, why does the big asshole hate me? Aren't you his daughter?" 

"Yes, but he kind of hates me too in ways. He hates you because you have relations to Ashton, the was the reason that he took you that day. He knew that it was getting back at Ashton and the boys in one way or another. Ashton and my father are the worst of enemies. My father wants to be the most powerful that there is, right now Ashton is the only thing standing in his way of that. He also hates Ashton because he took my from him many years ago because we are mates, he knew that would take a tole on Ashton. He didn't know that you were related to Ashton until he brought you here and I saw you."

"So Ashton and the boys are why I am stuck like this?" 

"Yes for the most part. Don't worry, they're trying to save us, when that will happen I have no idea. Calum is going through his faze, they can't do anything until he's out of it. Hopefully nothing happens before then." I tell her thinking of all of the bad things that could happen before the boys show up. Hurry boys, hurry. I know you can fight it faster than anyone else Calum, it's in your blood.