IX

Calum

"Cal? Calum are you here?" I walk threw the house finding Skyler looking into the house from the door. I smile at her as she looks up at me.

"Hey Sky!" I say pulling her into a hug. 

"Hey, Ashton said that you wanted to tell me something." She says looking up at me. My face almost drops at that. I told Ashton that I wanted to wait for a little while before I said anything to Sky. Either I'll have to tell her a lie that she will hopefully not see through or the truth. 

"Um... Yeah, but first you want anything?" I give her a smile walking us into the kitchen. I was going to try and stall for as long as I could. I'm just scared to tell Skyler, I don't know how she will react, and it probably wont be good.

"No, I'm okay right now. But if you're going to avoid the main subject; I'll ask you how you've been, because we haven't seen each other in a little while." Damn her. She can always see right threw everything I do.

"I've been alright, the guys have been driving me crazy, but I've been alright. How about you?" I say leaning on the island as she sits atop of it.

"Been better, there's this guy I really like, but it seems like he's been avoiding me lately. Today's the first day I've seen him in a while, but it's nice to be hanging out with him again. I really missed him." Her voice was so sweet and innocent, when I turned to look at her she turned her head away a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"Well that guy must be stupid to ignore you. Because, you're amazing, and I don't know anyone that would not want to spend time with you, Sky." I tell her. I knew what she said was about me. I wasn't trying to avoid Skyler, no where close, I was just going threw this faze that would have risked her life if she was around me.

"Then why did you?" She whispers looking at me out of the corner of her eye. I sigh stepping in front of her, I move her chin with my fingers so she was looking at me.

"Skyler, I'm not exactly what you think I am." I tell her. "I could hurt you so easily. I can't let that happen, I won't let that happen. So please don't push me to tell you this." I lean my head on her shoulder not being able to look her in the eyes. 

"Calum..." She brushes the few hairs that had fallen into my eyes away, her eyes showed me she was confused and worried.

"If I told you what I was, Would you turn your back on me?" I ask her. She turns her head bringing our faces closer, our lips lightly brush over each other. I pull myself away backing onto the wall, I didn't know if I could control myself around her like that right now.

"Calum, what's going on? Is there something wrong?" She asks staying seated on the island.

"Just answer the question Skyler. Please." I tell her. I needed an answer, I need one before I even thought of telling her anything.

"No, I wouldn't." She says. I nod walking back over to her taking her face in my hands. I kiss her genteelly, knowing that if she did end up turning her back on me, this would be my only chance to show her that I loved her.

I pull away giving a sigh, I look deep into Skyler's eyes a smile climbing onto my face. It fade's as soon as these words leave my mouth; "Skyler, I'm not human... I'm a vampire." 

A gasp leaves her mouth and her hand comes to my chest, pushing me away the best she could. I knew this would happen. "Y-you're what?"

"I'm a vampire. So are the other boys, we've all been like this for hundreds of years." I say as I feel a hard slap to my cheek. 

"How could you never tell me this?! I feel in love with a Monster!" Skyler screams at me. I stand there watching as she calls me names like, demon, devil, most of all Monster.

"Please Skyler, don't do this. Just calm down." I plead with her as she continues.

"No, I will not calm down, Calum!" She snaps at me. "Just-just stay away from me. Don't come near me, tell that to the only boys too." Skyler looks at me for a second before running out of the house.

And like and idiot, I stand there watching her turn her back on me.

"AH!" I look around finding I was in the cabin not at home. I just dreamt all of that. I dreamt getting threw all of this shit, I dreamt of kissing Skyler, I dreamt of tell her, I dreamt of her leaving. I dreamt of the way that I almost wish Skyler found out about me.

"Calum?" I look over to the door of the cabin where Luke stood.

"Why are you here? Did you guys find Skyler?!" I ask him jumping up from the couch where I had been sleeping.

"No, sorry Cal, we haven't." He sighs, I felt as if my whole body dropped, they haven't found her. "But Ashton got a letter from Annebella." 

"Who?" I had no idea who Annebella was. No one has even mentioned that name to me before.

"Annebella is Ashton's mate. I'm not going to be the one to explain this to you, just come with me, Ashton needs to see you." Luke says grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the cabin. Ashton's mate. I didn't know he had contact with her, I always thought she was dead. But somehow she's not, unless she was never dead in the first place. 

Maybe she know's something about Skyler.