Monster- Prologue

Calm.

I watched her as calm as I could. Calm wasn't my normal kind of thing. Well right now it wasn't. I couldn't be calm even if you knocked me out. My mind would still be rushing.

"Calum? Calum please come out." She called. Spinning around in curicles as she walked. "Claum please." She begged.

I shake my head, coming out from behind the large tree. She shouldn't be here, she shouldn't want to be near me. Why was she resisting?

"Calum!" She ran to me, trying to pull me into her arms. I grab her hands with my own pushing her, so her back was on the tree. "C-Calum?" 

"Look into my eyes Skyler. I'm not the same Calum anymore. I'm hardly even Calum. You need to leave, don't ever have another thought about me. You're only going to get hurt." I tell her. I feel my eyes flash red, as her eyes widen.

"N-no. You're my best friend. Whatever this is I'm going to help you out of it." Skyler says trying to pull out of my grasp. There was no point in trying, she was never going to break free, I was too strong.

"No. Skyler listen to me dammit. Don't think about me anymore. Just forget about me. I'm a lost cause now. Go home, don't come back." I tell her pulling her away from the tree. "Most of all, don't go out at night. Stay home with the boys at all time's." She shakes her head once more.

"Where are you meant to go? You gave up on everyone other then the boys and me. Where are you going to go?" She asks me. I didn't know where I was going to go yet. The thought hadn't crossed my mind yet. "Exactly you don't know. Come home Calum. Please." Skyler set's her hand on my arm, I could feel the warmth of it, but it made no difference. I was always going to be as cold as ice from now on.

"Skyler I'm taking you home, and you are going to stay there. You don't understand what's out here at night." I grab her arm and start pulling her back threw the woods. I was going to make sure she was never out of one of the boys sights.

****

"Calum!" Michael says coming over to me as I drag Skyler into the house with me.

"Calum you shouldn't be here." Ashton says.

"I know that." I set Skyler down in the living walking into the kitchen with the boys. "She followed me. She wouldn't leave me alone, I had to bring her back before something happened to her." I tell them. She's always been too stubborn for her own good. Always.

"You've got to fight it Calum. That's the only thing you can do. We did it, now you have too." Ashton says. As crazy and kidish as Ashton might seem, he's nothing like that. He's our leader. 

"What am I meant to do about Skyler? She's going to continue to look for me. You'd have to lock her in a closet to keep her away." I tell them. I look over my shoulder just barly, seeing Skyler standing in the archway of the kitchen.

"I told you to stay in the living room." I say turning to her.

"Is there something wrong with you guys? Is that's why you've all avoided me at a point in time over the years?" She asks us. Skyler takes a step closer and we all take a step back. When one of us is in this fase, we all know that if one of us goes off, we all do.

"Skyler you wouldn't understand." Ashton tells her walked over. He would be the one out of all of us to be able to controll himself. 

"Really? Because I just might, you know if I knew what was going on. Why can't you just tell me?" She pleads looking at all of us. The tears welled up in her eyes, and you could tell it was paining her not knowing what was going on.

"Skyler this is hard to explain. It's best that you don't know." Luke says stepping up. He might be the youngest of us, but he was the seconds to go threw the fase after Ashton.

"Stop speaking as if your old people! Just come out with it! I don't care how you tell me, wether it's in song, or you just come out with it! I want to know what in the hell is going on!" Skyler shouts at us.

"Skyler go into the living room for a moment. We need to speak alone." Ashton tell's her. Skyler sighs nodding before leaving the kitchen. "All of the way, Skyler." A huff of air, and we hear Skyler sit down on the couch.

"Guys I know we all promised to never use our power's, but Michael, you've got to wipe her memoy of this. She can't know. If Skyler find's out we're vampire's... Lord only know's what she will end up doing." Ashton says. I hear something move out of the corner of my hearing, before the front door slams shut.

"Get her!" I shout running out the door. I look down the road seeing Skyler running. I start running after her, the boys right behind me, before I can get my hands on her, my feet are taken out from under me, and Skyler's in the hands of our worst fear.

"SKYLER!" I scream jumping up trying to get her back, before I could even move; they were gone. "I'm so sorry Skyler." I fall to my knee's as the boys all watch the empty space in front of me.