Changing the Dynamics

[The scene opens with Lilac sitting in an interrogation room. Morgan, Hotch, Reid and Garcia are standing outside the room looking through the one was mirror at Lilac.]

"Reid I want you to go in first. Since she runs that hackers group and used that chess reference I want you in there in case she makes references to stuff like that. I'm going to wait some before I send anybody else in. I might want to send Garcia in instead of another field agent."

"Um, sir. Not that I don't appreciate your confidence in me but I work better from behind a computer screen not face to face."

"Come on baby girl. This girl is like you. She even noticed that."

"And I'll be in there doing most of the talking. Don't worry Garcia."

(Hotch) "They're right Penelope. This girl is just like you. We're going to need you a lot more involved than you usually are."

[Garcia looks at Morgan with a worried but trusting. Reid proceeds to the room.]

"Hello I'm Doctor Re--"

"Where's the hard-ass guy and the cute couple of the year or maybe that fashion deprived, uptight one?"

"They're around here somewhere."

[Scene flips to the other side of the window.]

(Morgan) "I hope we're the couple of the year and not Hotch and Rossi over there."

(Rossi) "Hey, maybe we want to be the couple of the year."

(Hotch) "No, they can have that title. But I want to be the hard-ass."

(Morgan) "You already are."

(Hotch) "That's it, you're fired."

[Morgan and Hotch both smile then Morgan turns to Garcia, puts his arm around her and kisses her on the head. The scene changes back to Reid and Lilac.]

(Reid) "So why Lilac?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well your real name is Lauren but even your close friend Sebastian didn't know your real name."

"Lauren was too perfect for a hacker. Lilac was mysterious and dark. I figured it fit me as a hacker better."

"Mmm okay, so why did you seek us out?"

"I know or at least knew of every kid that has died. I've got inside information that can help you but I also can't have people know I'm helping or your unsub won't be the only killer coming after hackers."

"Do you have a relative in the FBI?"

"No, why?"

"You used the term unsub. Most people don't use that term."

"I'm not most people. Agent...?"

"Doctor, actually. Doctor Reid."

"Ahh, the smart one. It was because of my reference to chess earlier they wanted to send in the smart one wasn't it?"

[Reid hands her file on Josh. She gives him a questioning look before opening the file and very quickly reading the each file page. Then setting it back down and giving Reid a questioning look.]

"How fast can you read?"

"Doesn't matter."

"I can read 20,000 words per minute and I'm noticing you doing some of the same stuff I do when I read."

"15."

"Hundred?"

"Thousand and before you ask, my I.Q. is 168 and I have an eidetic memory."