.𖥔 ݁ ˖๋ ࣭ ⭑ piece of a puzzle

for jeongin,

this will be the last time i write to you.

each minute spent in your arms will be cherished in my memories. i loved you with all i had, and every waking hour i wondered if you felt the same ferocious passion i did.

but i am the crown princess of this country, and you are but a royal guard sworn to protect and serve the king.

you know, i was ready to risk it all. to give up my title and runaway to the furthest possible village where nobody knew our names, so that i could wake up next to your sleeping frame and know in my heart that i had everything i ever wanted.

that was when i found the ledger hidden between the floorboards of your room. it's strange - i don't recall you telling me that you were leading the uprising against the monarchy.

inside, i read incredibly detailed descriptions of how you used me to extrapolate information about my brother - the king - and how it can be used against us.

is that all i am? a piece of the puzzle? a means to an end? will i be discarded after i am no longer of use?

it seems you have taken my kindness for granted. I may have favoured you before, but if you wish to see another day then you must fall at my feet and beg for my forgiveness.

once, under a sea of stars in the garden outside my chambers, you caressed my cheek and questioned why the people were afraid of me.

it's time i showed you.

you have until sunrise to correct the error of your ways and we can continue from where we left off. if you fail to do so, i will not hesitate to cut you down in broad daylight with the very sword i gifted you.

and no one will remember you. only your failures.

the choice is yours.