CONTRACTED

Chapter 10: Good news and Bad news.

   Julie sat by her laptop in her robe, and hair tied, sipping watermelon extract as she watched the phootage in the slowest pace.

She checked her clock. 1am.

She continued watching until she noticed something stupid.

Why did he bump into the hooded man and apologize? It was normal for people to bump into people, yes but an apology following suit was a rare case

Why did he rush back immediately after the apology? She checked what she was doing at that time.

It was exactly the time, the tracker paused for few seconds.

Then a minute later, he shot the Lady. Few seconds after, the tracker was disabled.

The hoodie man didn't even continue in the direction he was heading before the bump, he went back to board the train he just got down from.

She shut the laptop tiredly as she tried to reason things out.

She rumpled her hair in frustration before opening it back to review it.

Julie was awoken by the knock on the door as a tiny ray of sunlight shone to her eyes through the window.

She yawned and stretched as her eyes adjusted to the bright light.

She was still in her robe. Her neck ached due to the inconvenient posture of laying on a desk in between two laptops.

She looked terrible, her eyes were sagging, her hair was rumpled, her lips were dry.

"Who is it? She yawned tiredly still sleepy.

"Good morning Ma'am. It's Diella Ma. We need to get you ready for breakfast ma. You also have to see the Sergio off to the airport."

"Sergio, airport, Breakfast. Who is it?" She asked tiredly as she walked to her dressing room.

Her senses were awakening.

"Diella Ma. It's me your new assistant Ma."

"Oh Diella, come in!" She yawned as she untied her hair and massaged her cheeks while staring at her mirror.

Diella was scanning around for her, when the phone on the bed rang violently.

Julie walked out of the room.

"Is it Marissa?" She asked curiously as she walked to Diella who handed over the phone.

"Yes Ma'am."

"I hope I'm not interrupting any couple moments?" Marissa asked from the other end as Julie sat on her couch.

"This better be good, why would you greet me with a silly tease?"

"Don't you remember saying it every moment you call. You are married now, so, it's my turn."

"Hahaha, funny, what is up?"

"I'm at your place in Houston. I got a call from the nurse. She tried reaching you but.. I guess you were caught in the middle of something..."

"What's the prob?"

"Nana came out of coma by 5:37, this morning. She's fast asleep now. I just got here. It's a huge miracle. I mean, the doctor predicted two weeks but..."

"Oh my Goodness! Julie shrieked in excitement. Every atom of tiredness evaporated from her body.

"Oh my goodness. I'm coming right after breakfast. Thanks so much for being there.  This is so incredible." She chuckled in tears.