contracted

Chapter 15

Julie stopped playing the harp her fingers were tired of playing.

Just few months ago her life was perfect. She decided to come home for Marissa's wedding, two days later Mario died. Two months later, she almost lost Nana and she...

The worst thing about all of it is that she was here with Armando staring at Mrs orlando and her son and Elisa as Mr orlando exchanged greetings with him.

"I can't help but think I know your wife from somewhere." Mr orlando said nicely as he stared at Julie.

"Of course father, he called off the very planned wedding because of the girl with the eyedefect joke."

Julie couldn't help but glare at Elisa's brother.

"Today would have been the wedding if someone didn't backstab a friend." He added.

"Really, were you guys friends?"

"Of course not." Mrs orlando chipped in. "My daughter cant be friends with a bla... She's just one of the people she assisted in high school." She chuckled with a hint of disgust.

Elisa said nothing. She watched Julie's uncomfortable moment with pride.

Julie's smile and calmness didn't drop. Armando could notice the tension. "I'm glad no one holds any grudge amongst my partners in mexico." He said as he grabbed her hands softly.

"Well, you chose to expand Jose without marriage aid. I don't think the news is out yet. But, since your mother is our kin, I choose to hold no grudge." Mr orlando was easy going. Julie loved him for that.

They walked into the manor of the castle together. Elisa couldn't rip her eyes off Armando. She was lost in her thoughts of him as they walked until everyone courtesied.

She bowed her head as they exchanged greeting with the royal family of Madrid.

"Ahh, I finally get to set my eyes on you son." He chuckled as he hugged Armando after greeting the Orlandos

"Where's Elisa? How did you guys shift the wedding date without informing me? I planned to be in america today you know."

"I didn't marry Elisa. It didn't work out." Armando said flatly as he left Julie's hands for her waist.

Julie courtesied nicely as the king stared in awe. She then exchanged greetings with the family. "This is Julianna Maretti from Florence Italy." Armando explained as she exchanged kisses with the queen and princess.

"You are so beautiful my dear."

"There are two noble families of florence italy bearing Maretti. Which are you from?" The king asked nicely in Latin.

Julie chuckled tensely when her brain summed up the meaning two seconds later. She never learnt latin. She could understand but speaking was a major issue.

"Is it lord Dante or Lord..."

"Lord Dante your highness."

"Ahh.. I see. So how did you meet the Sergio of Jose?"

She gave a pretty smile and said the one word Nana loved saying "coincidence is God's planning."

Armando was shocked that she could speak latin fluently.

"You must be tired from your journey to Madrid." He finally said in English.

"It's an honor meeting you, your majesty." She replied with a beautiful smile.

Her british asset stinged everyone who just heard her speak latin. How was she so good?

"We have prepared everywhere for your stay here. Feel at home." The queen said with a pretty smile.

Tears rolled down from Elisa's eyes as she watched the scene.

Just two months ago, she had pictured standing side by side with Armando this day. She had loved him all her life. Patiently waiting for him to fall for her. But still yet she was treated as a speck of dust in his sand bucket of courtees.

She had endured this for years. Just when she thought he finally noticed her, Asher Brown ruins it.

"What happened back there?" Her father asked her as they reached their lounge. "You froze like an ice cube."

"Nothing father, just remembering something."

"Great, he didn't work out after these years. I gave you two options before you started highschool. It's quite time you take your mind off him and focus on the heir of Silvester dynasty."

"But dad, mom says I could choose whoever I want.."

"Between the options I gave you." He sighed as the servants opened the door. "You are out of options."

She froze for a while staring speechlessly at her father.

"I don't want him father. He.."

"Is coming for the banquet, so prepare yourself. Don't make me regret cherishing you my dearest." He crooned as he tucked her hair behind her ears and patted her shoulders.

"I won't disappoint you father."she said as tears filled her eyes.

The moment her father was out, it broke free. "Get the hell out of here all of you." She yelled at the servants continuously until none was left in her room.

She flinged her phone at the mirror displaying her teary eyes. Removed the two rings she wore on her finger and flinged it to it. The crack wasn't enough it still held her reflection. She rushed to it and pushed it down from where it stood.

She saw a picture of her and Armando. The last time he was here she got them on camera. She threw it to the floor before walking to her bed.

Her brother opened the door to see the mess her misery had created.

"You have a live interview with a tv station in an hour and you do this?"

"Get out of here lex." She yelled.

He walked to the bed grabbed a pillow and handed it over to her.

After a minute of screaming her hearts out she handed it back.

"Now come on. You aren't someone who mourns. You are victory herself."

"I hate you."

"I know. Every one does." Lex scoffed. "I also hate you too.."

"Get out of my room." Elisa ordered as she stood up.

"With pleasure, it's like an earthquake hit spain in here." He chuckled as he walked out.

   Armando and Julie remained in an akward silence as they walked into the room.

The first thing to catch Julie's attention was the organ in the parlour of the lounge. She walked to it and played with its keys before sitting on the stool.

"You know, I just let you ruin my life." Julie spoke up tiredly as she turned to face Armando.

"You never told me you were to marry Elisa."

"I remember mentioning that." Armando replied

"You did. But when you said it, you made it sound like a side talk. You don't even care how hurt she feels. Why?" Julie asked with so much concern. "Why did you spend so much to stop the marriage? You sounded like you were one business nerdy bachelor..."

"Because I didn't want to marry her. I have my reasons." He replied tiredly as he sat to face Julie.

"Which is?.. why am I doing this. Why am I here? Why do you want me?"

"Why are you doing this Julianne? Why are you here? Why do you want this? You said it wasn't for the pay, then why?"
.
.
.
.

Hi everyone!

Thank you all once again. I love you all. More than I love my unread books.

What do you think about the the drama going on?