contracted

Chapter 21

She  gave in totally, ignoring the guilt she felt

She felt happy with him, she hadn't felt this way for so long. She was tired of pulling away, she was tired of holding back, she was tired of reasoning things through.

"Ju!" Eddie crooned as he paused to admire her face. The gloom on her face was the only thing he could read out. She leaned to his chest in tears. This was the first time he had ever seen Julie this way.

"I am so sorry." He hugged her tightly and placed a kiss on her crown.

Julie lifted her face and stared to his eyes. "I'm sorry, I just keep hurting you and I can't let you go."

"You realized that, I'm glad I could wait." He chuckled as Julie caressed his hair.

"What's going on?" He crooned

"I guess I can't do without you. I just couldn't think straight. I thought I lost you for good."

"I thought you were ready to let me go."

"Guess I wasn't. What did you do to me? It felt like.."

"Sorry I never got to understand your personality during our relationship."

The buzzing sound of Julie's phone Interupted their lips from gluing together again. Julie dipped a hand into her pocket with the other still holding his neck.

She stared at the "Spanish Emp" boldly written on the screen, wishing the moment could continue without any interruption, especially from the god of Jose.

She released herself reluctantly from the cuddle to take the call. "Hey, what's up?" She moved few steps away from Eddie. " I just wanted to confirm if the new number submitted was accurate."

Julie stared to Eddie trying to control the annoyance this caused.

"see you at dinner time. We are having it early because Diego's girlfriend is visiting."

"Okay pops."

"Elisa is also stopping by, Be back early and don't get yourself involved in any commotion of any kind."

He ended the call right after the statement living Julie and Eddie in an awkward silence and  staring competition.

"So, can I stay for dinner?"

"You can, Nana would love to have someone other than the house keeper and nurse. "

"Are you leaving? "

" Yeah! "

"So you don't live here? "

"Kinda. "

"So, can I treat you to dinner tonight? "

" Awwn, nice... I already have plans. I need to get going to meet up with time."

He closed up the space between them with a sweet smile.

"How about we duet at my show tomorrow?"

" What?!.. you know what the magazines will say. "

" I am the host, so I crafted out Time for my Cello. I just think it'll be lovely to bring back old college times."

"is that why you came?" Her hopes and cute feelings fell flat. She just remembered exactly who she stood before. "Wow! I was really daydreaming..." She moved few steps back wondering what and how exactly she let her guard down.

"There you are." The door opened stealing their attention. Their eyes were fixed on a confused looking Marissa. "Are you staying for dinner Edward? " She asked after a short stare down with Julie.