xS2 Chapter 7 - Surviving The Seniors (Prologue)

"So this is your job?" Ronnie asks as he looks at a building.

The building has a small hole-in-the-wall store titled 'Hand-&-Hand Movers' with a big moving truck and a blue mini-van parked outside of it.

"Yeah, whenever we get a call to help move stuff we head on out and do so," Christopher explains.

"It's often a tough workout. You sure you can handle this?" Christopher asks.

"Handle it?" Ronnie smirks before wittingly remarking, "It's just moving a few boxes, how hard can it be?"

____________________________

Three hours later, Ronnie Everst is on the floor of a now-empty apartment gasping for air as his whole body is drenched in sweat. Christopher looks at Ronnie.

"Y-you good bro?" Christopher asks.

"Ho-How can someone who lives on the 15th floor have 17 different pianos and 13 pool tables?!" Ronnie gasps.

"Not to mention the elevator was busted, it was really a tough workout," Christopher exhales as sweat covers his body, "But it got the blood pumping in all the right places!"

"Maybe for you," Ronnie exhales.

"Hey, get up before the owners see you like that," one of the workers remarks.

Ronnie does so before looking at who said that, it's one of Christopher's colleagues, a man named Victor Dunnerman. He has white skin and a muscular physique, black hair in a buzz cut, and brown eyes. He's wearing a black tank top, gray sweatpants, and red cleats. He looks somewhat familiar but he can't tell from where.

"Hey the kid's just hear to help us no need to nag on him so much," the owner of the moving crew remarks.

The owner is a Thai immigrant by the name of Mechai Aromdee. He's a man in his mid-50s who has short black hair, black eyes, white sneakers, a black T-shirt, and blue jeans. While he does look like a frail weak old man, whenever he does flex or lift anything his toned muscles are prevalent.

"I'll split the pay amongst you three, we can start heading out," Mister Aromdee remarks.

"Why do we have to split the money with this thin straw kid?" Victor questions as he looks down at Ronnie.

"Hey it's his first day, give him some slack," Christopher remarks trying to diffuse the situation.

"Yeah sure but this doormat shouldn't be getting paid a dime for how little he helped," Victor remarks.

"Weren't you just looking at your phone most of the time?" Ronnie whispers.

As they return back to the office, Aromdee heads to the back so he can divide up the money, leaving the three teens to themself.

"Hey Christopher, you think you can cover for me tomorrow?" Victor asks.

"I don't know bro, when's the last time you covered my shift? Besides I was gonna shoot hoops with our bro Alex tomorrow," Christopher responds.

"So you're saying no?" Victor remarks as he raises his hand.

He's about to smack Christopher across the face however he stops. Or rather, someone stopped him. Because Ronnie Everst is holding Victor's wrist as he stares at him.

"What do you think you're doing kid?" Victor asks as he tries to break from Ronnie's grip, however for some reason he can't.

"He said he can't cover for you," Ronnie states, "So why are you bothering him?"

Victor glares at Ronnie as he tries to break from his grasp, though Ronnie tightens his grip more causing Victor to wince in pain. Ronnie then lets go of Victor's hand. Victor glares at Ronnie before walking away.