Chapter 50: Beginning of the Vengeance

Mr. Dale stood before the mirror, his reflection a portrait of conflicting emotions. The crisp lines of his suit bespoke of professionalism, yet his eyes betrayed the weight of the decision he was about to make. Today was not just another day; it marked the beginning of a journey fraught with uncertainty and consequences.

Taking a deep breath, Mr. Dale straightened his tie with practiced precision, his movements deliberate as he prepared to face the pivotal moment ahead.

As he gazed into his own eyes, Mr. Dale saw traces of remorse and determination reflected back at him. Today, he would confront the demons of his past, laying bare the truth that had long been shrouded in darkness. It was a moment of reckoning, a chance for redemption, and he was resolved to see it through to the end.

With a final glance in the mirror, Mr. Dale squared his shoulders, steeling himself for the challenges that lay ahead. The time for hesitation had passed; now, it was time to confront the truth and face the consequences, whatever they may be.

As Mr. Dale prepared to depart, a familiar voice called out to him from behind, causing him to pause in his tracks. Turning slowly, he found Eve standing there, her presence a ray of sunshine in the dimly lit room.

"Dad? I thought you would have already left for the office," she remarked, her tone laced with her usual warmth and cheerfulness.

With a soft sigh, Mr. Dale moved closer to Eve, his heart heavy with the weight of the truth he was forced to conceal. He reached out, gently brushing a stray strand of hair from her face, his touch lingering for a moment longer than usual.

"Ah, you know me, Eve," he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness masked by his facade of normalcy. "Just a few last-minute things to take care of before I head out."

Eve studied her father's expression intently, a flicker of concern flitting across her features as she sensed the underlying tension beneath his calm exterior. Yet, she chose not to press the matter further.

"All right, Dad," she said, offering him a reassuring smile. "Just don't forget to take a break and have some lunch, okay?"

Mr. Dale returned her smile, grateful for her unwavering support even in the face of his inner turmoil. "I won't forget," he promised, his voice tinged with gratitude as he turned to leave, his steps heavy with the weight of the secrets he carried.

////

Bartlett sat at the head of the breakfast table, his demeanor calm and collected as he methodically sliced through his meal. The soft clink of cutlery against porcelain echoed in the air, a stark contrast to the tension that simmered beneath the surface.

His phone buzzed, interrupting the tranquil atmosphere of the room. With a casual flick of his wrist, Bartlett answered the call, his tone composed yet tinged with an underlying sense of anticipation.

"Did you give him what he asked for?" he inquired, his voice carrying a hint of amusement.

The response on the other end elicited a chuckle from Bartlett, his lips curling into a sardonic smile. "Your friend always amuses me," he remarked, his tone laced with disdain. "But unfortunately, the show won't last long enough for him to try it."

As the conversation continued, a furrow appeared on Bartlett's brow, his expression darkening with displeasure. "Well, But what's the fun if Raven won't be there to wittness it himself.." he countered, his voice dripping with malice.

With a decisive click, Bartlett ended the call, returning his attention to his breakfast with a sense of grim satisfaction. Despite the unsettling turn of events, he remained unfazed, his mind already calculating the next move in his intricate game of manipulation and deceit.