𝘽𝙊𝙉𝙐𝙎 𝙏𝙒𝙊, one hundred percent

[ AUGUST 4TH, 2022 ]

          THE WEDDING WOULD BE held in the summer of 2022 at her brother's home, just like Noura had wanted. There had been a slight bit of drama from her extended family living in Egypt and the UAE, full of them complaining that Noura wouldn't be going home for her wedding, but they eventually gave in when Noura offered to pay for their plane tickets to France.

There had once again been drama when Noura's grandfather (on her mom's side) had discovered that Noura would not be having a ceremony in a Mosque, consisting of the groom and the bride's father reading the beginning of the Qur'an. He was reminded, by both Noura and Dalia, that Noura wasn't personally muslim. Plus, it wasn't like her father was around to read it with Charles, and (no offense to them) she wasn't really close enough with either of her grandfathers to ask them to do it for her. And Darius would never do it, he always said that wedding traditions like that made him feel like he would be giving Noura away, like he owned her. Noura knew it made her brother a bit uncomfortable, so when the whole 'walk down the isle' conversation had come up, Noura went straight to her mother.

A small wedding had quickly turned into around 100 guests (which was small on Egyptian terms) when Noura's extended family, who she knew would never forgive her if she left them out, got added up. After much debate, Charles and Noura decided on a small, private ceremony, with only the closest family and friends, and then a bigger reception, where all 100 guests would be invited. Much to her grandmothers' dismay, Noura did decide to leave out the local hairdressers and shop owners from their town in Cairo from the wedding list.

The moment Noura's Lebanese cousins from her father's side had heard that she would be getting married, they sent her hundreds dabke tutorials. Noura was technically a quarter Lebanese, and even though she had only been to the country once, she was more than happy to participate. Charles was a different story however, he just simply could not get the footwork down no matter how hard he tried. He decided to sit it out, as to not completely embarrass himself at his own wedding.

The wedding was thrown together pretty quickly, in only around six months. It was all thanks to the combined planning skills of Maya and Pascale, who, upon hearing of the engagement, took it upon themselves to spare Noura and Charles the expense of a wedding planner. Maya and Pascale handled pretty much everything, all Noura and Charles had to do was give there input here and there.

Everything was perfect. Not that it would ever be anything else, as long as Noura got to marry Charles, it would be perfect in the middle of a hurricane.

The morning of the wedding was a hectic one for everyone but Noura. Her bridesmaids were hell bent on making sure that the morning was nothing but relaxing for her. They played her favorite songs as they got their makeup and hair done. Noura's hair was hanging down her back in it's curly state, half pulled away from her face with pins, styled to perfection by her hair stylist with a spray bottle, leave in conditioner, gel, and the most fancy looking diffuser-fitted hairdryer she had ever seen. Noura's makeup was minimal, just enhancing what was already on her face. She wanted to look as most like herself as she possibly could.

By the time her makeup and hair was done, all her bridesmaids were in their dresses, simple olive green numbers that hung to their ankles. The whole vibe of the wedding was very causal, Noura's own wedding dress was relatively simple: a creamy white piece with thin straps and a tight fit, until it hit her waist, fanning out slightly into a flowing bottom and a slightly dramatic train. Under her arms and around to the back of the dress was lace, the same style as her veil. The veil was the main attraction, a long, lacy piece, which would sit on the crown of her head, secured to her hair with bobby pins. It was the same veil her mother had worn at her wedding.