𝙏𝙀𝙉, gray hair

[ FEBRUARY 13, 2020 ]

          EVERY YEAR SINCE SHE was six years old, Noura had cried on her birthday. It was practically tradition. It wasn't that she hated her birthday, she still celebrated it every year, it was just the feeling of passing time that made her hate it. She hated the feeling that her life was passing by too fast and that she truly was getting older every day. It made her feel ill.

Now that Noura was turning 20 and was officially no longer a teenager, she could just feel that the day would be a tear jerker for her.

But, the day had started better than most of her birthdays. Waking up to Charles's voice was her favorite way to wake up. Noura had (unsurprisingly) spent the night before her birthday at Charles's place, just like she spent most nights.

"Nour." A light voice spoke near Noura, accompanied by a soft hand pushing her hair away from her forehead. "It's time to wake up."

"Mmm." Noura groaned, rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?" She mumbled, her eyes still shut from the sunlight streaming into the room.

"It's just past nine." Charles was still messing with Noura's hair, now slowly tucking it behind her ears. His other hand was resting on her cheek. "Happy birthday, amour."

Noura finally opened her eyes, smiling into the hand Charles had placed on her cheek. He was leaning over her, watching her in her groggy state with a soft smile.

Once Noura had let out a yawn, Charles bent down, kissing her gently on the forehead. Noura wrapped her arms around his neck before he could pull away, pulling him onto the bed next to her and rolling over so she was hovering above him. Noura kissed him, her arms still wrapped around his neck.

"Happy birthday." Charles repeated, once the kiss ended. He ran his hands up and down Noura's back, tracing her spine. It made Noura shiver. "I got you breakfast. Don't worry I didn't make it, it's from the bakery down the road. So get ready and come eat, we've got things to do today!"

Noura smiled, pecking Charles on the lips before detaching herself from him and sitting up, stepping off of Charles's bed and onto the hardwood floor. She rubbed her eyes again, heading for her clothes, which were folded into a bag at the foot of the bed. She had two outfits for her birthday, one for the day, which would consist of lunch with her family and close friends, and then another for the night, which would be taking place at a club in the center of Monaco.

After Noura had pulled her clothes from her bag, she made her way into the bathroom, picking up the pink toothbrush Charles had designated as hers. Charles followed after her, leaning against the sink as Noura began cleaning herself up, brushing her teeth and pulling her hair out of the braid she typically slept in. Charles was already fully dressed in a pair of loose fitting jeans (Noura had taken him shopping the week they started dating as well as purged his closet of all skinny jeans) and a black hoodie that he had only just gotten back from Noura (she had built a habit of stealing his clothes and only returning them once they 'stopped smelling like him').

"How are you feeling," Charles asked, watching closely as Noura began to play with her hair, trying to get it to lay how she wanted. "you're 20 now."

"Don't remind me." Noura grumbled, tugging on her hair in frustration. It was not doing what she wanted and it was annoying her to no end.

"What do you mean!" Charles said. "It's exciting!"