8

Nearly an hour later - which felt more like several (hours) to Ella waiting inside the car - a distraught Jennie gets back into the vehicle and angrily honks the horn.

"What happened, Mom?"

"She wasn't there anymore."

"She who? Malee?"

Jennie shakes her head and doesn't even bother to hold back the tears she was holding in.

"Her mother. Her mother is the girl from the photo."

"I KNEW IT!"

Jennie raises an eyebrow at her daughter.

"I told them they looked so much like the girl in your photo, that's when her mother asked me your name and asked me to give you the note."

"I was so close and still failed again..."

Ella didn't know how to snap her mother out of this state when she started to ramble about the search that never amounted to anything.

"But mom..."

"Lisa. The girl from the photo's name is Lisa." Jennie still seemed spaced out as she repeated the name, trying to assimilate how close she was to finding her.

"She doesn't look like a Lisa. It's such a simple and short name, and she's so beautiful, just like her daughter, although Malee suits her, it's adorable and welcoming like her, and-..."

"El, you're rambling again."

"Sorry, Mom." Ella leans back against the car seat and falls silent. 

Not for long before letting out what she was thinking. 

"But just so you know, now I have Malee's number, and if I'm invited to her house and you take me... you know who might greet us?, right?"

It was true.

Jennie didn't fail in her search.

She could finally stop looking.

Because just needed someone to help her.

It took decades for the universe to bring a new kind of love into her life, but thanks to that small, talkative, and incredible being of love, she now had a name, a number indirectly, and possibly a future address.

"I love being your mom, you know that?"

Ella laughs, putting a comforting arm around her mother's shoulder.

"And I love being your daughter. Let's go home."

Nothing can stop the meeting of two soulmates;

the energy and the desire they both have to meet is so strong that

not even facts, circumstances, and storms can destroy what transcends passages of time.

The End.

Moral of the story: Did you feel the spark for someone? Don't say goodbye without asking as much as you can without seeming invasive to keep this person in your life. See ya ;)