Chapter 45: Gathering Intel

"You called" Kazuma says. Rimuru starts talk about his plans on the Holy Knights and how they're going to need intel on their plans. Rimuru tells Kazuma to go with Souei to the city the where holy knights base is. Rimuru tells Kazuma that he can't kill anybody since they're there to gather intel on the holy knights plans. Kazuma agrees he won't kill anyone. Kazuma states that, he doesn't plan on killing anyone since there will be many civilians to witness it. Rimuru agrees with him. Kazuma and Souei get ready to leave. Before Kazuma leaves he is greeted by Shion and Shuna. Kazuma meets them for the first time. Kazuma asks Shuna to take care of Silvia while they are gone. After that they both leave and move like ninjas. 

5 minutes later Souei asks Kazuma where he is from. "Kazuma, you told Rimuru-Sama that you're from a different world is that true?" Kazuma tells him it is indeed true and he doesn't remember much about his childhood. Souei tells Kazuma that Rimuru is from a different world too. He tells him that Rimuru is from a place called Japan. Kazuma tells Souei before he arrived in this world, he was going to Tokyo which is in Japan.

Few hours pass and they arrive at the town where the Holy empire are said to be. Kazuma sees a lot of people who are selling things on stalls. Souei and Kazuma walk further in the Town until they see a big castle. Kazuma points out the castle is where the Holy knights could be. Souei agrees and they walk towards the castle. Souei looks at Kazuma's arms and like Silvia asks why he has bandages Kazuma tells him he can't tell him and Souei respects his answer.

They finally arrive at the castle and see guards. Souei tells Kazuma they can't kill them. Kazuma already knows. He also promised Rimuru that he wouldn't kill anyone. Kazuma and Souei both sneak in the castle when it's dark. They sneak inside the castle without anyone noticing.

They make their way to the top floor. Kazuma hears a voice coming from one of the rooms. Kazuma signals Souei to come where he is since the room is definitely where the leader of the Empire is. We know this because there is a sign called 'King Seiji Room, Meeting in Progress.' Kazuma and Souei ear drop at their conversation. They both can tell that there are multiple people in that room. Then the king says something that catches Kazuma's interest. It sounds like he is praising a bunch of people for their work. Before Kazuma thinks nothing about the praises, he hears the king talking and praising the people for massacring the villages who are poor. Kazuma and Souei look at each other and give each other a confirmation that the king definitely requested the massacre of the village. Kazuma tells Souei that they should look on their next plans and which place they're going to attack next. Kazuma agrees and they look around the mansion for a 10 minute. They find a room containing files. Kazuma and Souei read until Kazuma finds sheet of paper. He reads some of it and he sees many villages that they've attacked already. "Yep, this is definitely the place." Kazuma says. Souei tells Kazuma that they have enough evidence. Kazuma and Souei leave the Mansion and they head back to City of Tempest. Suddenly Kazuma and Souei are surrounded by the Holy knight. King Seiji mocks them for thinking they were hidden. Kazuma has an idea how they could get away. He asks Souei to not look at him and he says the following words. "solar flare" a flashbang that lights up the entire area, the king and his Knights all get blinded. Kazuma and Souei escape. 

Meanwhile not far from the City of Tempest, Silvia can be seen and she begins to feel weak as her body collapses.

To be Continued...