[2] We meet again..

A few days had gone by since I'd met Haru, Haven't heard from him or seen him since that night.

I got an unfortunate call this morning, hawks.

Explaining that the hero commission was putting me on a mission, which never meant anything good.

The drive there was only making me dread it more. The wet spring morning air, so sloppy.

The large building always made its presence known to anyone walking by, the awkwardly modern look did not match the city.

Her wrinkly face bored me, but I still remained looking at her. Her being the head of the Japanese hero commission.

"Ma'am, you called?"

She nodded, ushering everyone out of the room. Just me, and her.

"Indeed, now. Miss Artica. You've proven to be loyal, a very, very good girl. Yeah?"

I had a horrible feeling about where this was headed.

"I suppose."

"I'm putting a lot of trust on you, as hawks is a bit busy with his spot as #3.. you're still #19 ofcourse. But top 5 is a very big responsibility.." she began her gaze locked on the street view. "I'm going to send you on a mission. You will infiltrate and kill this group of vigilantes in hosu."

"K-kill-? I don't murder. I'm a hero. Heroes don't kill!"

The fact she suggested it baffled me, how many of these "villain attacks" are even villain attacks anymore?

"If you wish to hold your place as #19, and remain alive.. you will do this mission. they're starting to steal the spotlight from heroes such as yourself. Am I clear?"

I unhappily nodded, her wrinkles softening as she rested her face. Her eyes shutting and her motioning for me to leave.

"You leave tomorrow, good luck. Do not fail me, or else."

It took everything in me to not spit in her face right then and there, instead I walked out with a smile. Conceal don't feel.

After a long day, meet n greets, and such.. I found myself getting ready to go out to the bar. I mean who knows when I'll have the time again.

The crowded bar was almost intoxicating just by the smell. In a bar, civilians knew it was impolite to ask for autographs. It was the only place, minus hero events, where I was treated the same as everyone else.

Taking my seat up o a leather barstool, I ordered my (fav shot), the taste sending a surge of life throughout my body.

Things were great. Until about 45 minutes in, 11pm. In walked a group of older musty men, clearly they had a pretty penny to spend. Who didn't, at a bar like this one? Basically sucks the money right outta ya.

"Heya, pretty Thang, what's a lil lady like you doin all alone on a night like this" called out the what appeared to be, leader.

The rest being his goons, and quickly separating and chatting up multiple women throughout the bar.

"Jus- just drinking" my words were starting to slur.

He took the seat next to me, ordering 3 shots for himself, and 3 for me.

It wasn't uncommon for people to buy for me, but something about him just had a totally different intention.

I may be smart, but I never said I was perfect. Downing the 3 shots, I began to giggle and ramble about EVERYTHING. From my childhood dog to my favorite restaurant.

"Come on, let's get outta here. I gotta hotel room waiting for us." As he spoke his hands made their way to my thighs, traveling to my hips and pulling me down off of my seat.

"I-I don't wan- to" I whined out, but hardly audible to do my drunken state.

"Be a good girl and come with me-" his words were cutoff by a familiar hooded figure.

He scoffed removing the man hands off of me. "L/n. Let's get you home." How eyes burning holes through the man.

He tried to protest, but my decision was made when my arms wrapped around haru's left arm.

"Haruuuu! You came- hiccup- back!"

"Whatever."

With that being said he brought my unusually drunk self outside, and to no one's surprise my hiccups grew worse.

"Shit-" he spat before ushering me to an alley, and holding my hair back as I vomited.

Tears flew down my face, embarrassed I'd puked infront of my friend.

"Why're you crying- it's just puke." He questioned in an annoyed tone

"I- don't know! I'm so sorryyy!"

He chuckled before leading me out of the alley, occasionally telling me he's not mad at me.

The condos heat soon met us as we walked into my dark home. Smokey meowed from down the hall, it was late by now 1am..

"Go shower. You smell yourself right now? Gross."

I nodded, stumbling to the bathroom while he found me clothes. I was content until I felt it rise up my burning throat once more.

His footsteps grew louder as he entered the bathroom. His hands finding their way to my now puke covered hair, his other pinching his nose.

"You need water." he spoke as I sobbed quietly into the toilet. He did as he said he would, a glass of water in one hand and a stack of clothes in the other.

He left the room, and by the sounds of it left my house completely. Leaving me drunk and alone. Well, I still had Smokey.

My aching feet carried me to my bed, and I plopped down, quickly falling asleep.