Shadows of the Mind

As the bestie trio sat down for dinner in their cozy apartment, the atmosphere was light and relaxed. Way and Kim chatted animatedly about their day, while Charlie absentmindedly played with his food, lost in thought.

Noticing Charlie's distraction, Way quirked an eyebrow and teased, "Hey, Earth to Charlie! You gonna eat that or just keep pushing it around the plate?"

Charlie looked up, snapping out of his reverie, but his expression was troubled. He sighed, pushing his food aside, and admitted, "Sorry, guys. I've just been... preoccupied lately."

Kim frowned in concern, leaning forward. "What's been on your mind, Charlie? You seem kind of out of it."

Charlie hesitated for a moment before finally speaking up. "Well, it's these dreams I've been having. They're... weird. Like, really weird."

Way's curiosity was piqued, and he leaned in closer, his eyes intent on Charlie. "Weird how?"

Charlie shrugged, his brow furrowed in confusion. "I don't know, phi. It's hard to explain. It's like... I'm in this strange place with a weird mountain, surrounded by shadows and... I don't know, it's just unsettling."

Kim nodded thoughtfully, a hint of concern in his eyes. "Funny you should mention that, Charlie. I've been having some strange dreams too. It's like... déjà vu or something. Like I've been there before, but I can't quite remember."

Charlie's lips twitched into a wry smile. "Great, so we're all losing our minds. Maybe we're getting possessed or something," he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Way chuckled, but his amusement was tinged with a hint of unease. "Yeah, or maybe our apartment is haunted," he quipped back, though his tone belied his true feelings.

But deep down, Way couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to these dreams than meets the eye. There was something familiar about them, something he couldn't quite put his finger on.

Sensing his friend's unease, Kim reached out a comforting hand, resting it on Way's arm. "Hey, don't worry, phi. It's probably just stress or something. We'll figure it out together, okay?"

Way offered Kim a grateful smile, grateful for his friend's reassurance. "Yeah, you're probably right, Kim. Thanks."

As they continued their meal, the bestie trio couldn't shake the feeling that their dreams held some deeper significance, something they were only just beginning to uncover. And as they exchanged knowing glances across the table, they silently vowed to unravel the mystery together, no matter where it might lead them.

Amidst the clinking of utensils and the occasional burst of laughter, their conversation drifted into lighter topics, but the weight of their shared uncertainty hung in the air, a silent reminder of the mysteries that awaited them.

WITH DEMON HUNTERS

As the demon hunters gathered around the table in their headquarters, Alan's voice cut through the tense silence. "Alright, listen up, everyone. I've gathered some information about the dreams we've been having."

Pete nodded, his expression serious. "Go on, Phi. What did you find?"

Alan took a deep breath, his fingers tapping anxiously on the table. "Well, it turns out that the mountain we've been seeing in our dreams is located in the outskirts of the city."

North scoffed, his eyes rolling dramatically. "Great, so we're all just dreaming about some random mountain now? This is ridiculous."

Kenta shot North a warning glance, his expression firm. "North, let phi finish. This could be important."