Chapter Nine

Just as I was walking towards my next class, I saw my friends waiting for me in the hallway. They greeted me enthusiastically and we walked together as we chatted about the latest developments in our lives.

I was happy to finally be meeting up with them again after a long day of studying. The air was filled with laughter and fun conversations as we caught up on what we had missed while we were busy with our own work.

It was like a breath of fresh air having my friends around me again.

When we got to class, we took our seats and listened to the professor's lecture. I felt the warm sensation of being with my friends and chatting with a comfortable, easygoing atmosphere around me.

The vibes were relaxed and easygoing, and we all shared laughs and jokes together. It felt like we were back in our old college days when life was simpler and less stressful. We were just enjoying each other's company without any expectations or pressure.

We all leaned forward and started chatting about various topics, from recent news to our personal projects. We were having a lively discussion and sharing our views and opinions. It felt like we were all truly engaged in the conversation, listening earnestly and being willing to learn from each other's perspectives. It felt like an authentic and genuine conversation, and it was refreshing to have such an open and honest exchange of ideas.

“I thought I'd never see you again, Alon!” Natatawang sabi ng kaibigan kong si Ymir.

I let out a lighthearted chuckle and replied, “It's good to see you again too, Ymir. What have you been up to?” The atmosphere was filled with playful banter between us, and it was good to see that our personalities hadn't changed over time.

Napag-usapan namin ang tungkol sa aming mga kamakailang karanasan at pakikipagsapalaran sa aming buhay mula noong huli kaming nagkita. Ang pag-uusap ay magaan at kaswal, at ito ay nakakapreskong makita na mayroon pa rin kaming magkaparehong sense of humor.

After the class ended, we all got up from our seats and started to leave the room. Ymir made a sarcastic remark as we walked out together about the difficulty of the test. We kept walking and joking about how hard the test was, and once we were outside the room, we still kept our same vibe.

Nagpatuloy kaming lahat sa aming masasayang pag-uusap nang mas matagal bago kami lahat ay naghiwa-hiwalay, ang ilan ay tumungo sa silid-aklatan at ang iba pang mga grupo ay pupunta sa cafeteria para sa tanghalian.

As we went our separate ways, I felt a wave that I was happy to get to know my friends again after a long time. Ang vibes ng pagkakaibigan ay katulad noong una kaming naging magkaibigan. The same connection and vibe was still there, and it felt good to be able to share our friendship with each other after a long time apart.

Once I got to the cafeteria, I headed towards the food line and got myself a sandwich with a cup of hot coffee.

As I looked for a seat, I scanned the cafeteria and checked out the different groups of people eating and chatting around themselves. Some were sitting together and others were sitting alone.

I kept scanning across the room until I finally spotted an empty seat at the far corner of the cafeteria away from the noise and commotion. I decided to go ahead and take that seat and enjoy my meal in peace. After I sat down, I settled in and began to eat my sandwich and sip my coffee, taking in the quiet atmosphere around me.

After I noticed that someone had sat down in front of me, I looked up and saw it was Sandro, the guy I had been rejecting. I couldn't help but feel a sense of awkwardness as his presence made me uncomfortable.

“Hey, Alondra, how have you been?” Tanong niya sa akin.

“I've been good. It's been a while since we last saw each other. What's new with you?” Sagot ko naman at hindi siya tinignan.