Chapter Ten

Kakagising ko lang at bumaba ako para pumunta ng kusina at gawan ang sarili ko ng kape. As I walked into the kitchen, I noticed Archer sitting at the dining table with his laptop open in front of him.

Mukhang busy siya at naka-focus talaga siya sa ginagawa niya, na hindi man lang niya ako napansin. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"Good morning..." bati ko sa kanya.

He looked up to me with a slight smirk. "Good morning."

"Ang aga aga pa, bakit tinatrabaho mo na 'yan?" Tanong ko sa kanya habang nakaturo sa laptop niya.

"I'm just trying to finish up some work that I need to do today." He chuckled softly and his smile widened as he looked at me. His eyes were so warm and inviting and I didn't want to take my eyes off him.

I stayed huddled close to him, enjoying each other's company. I knew he was busy with work, but I also felt like he was happy to have me there with him.

He turned his attention back to his laptop again and I watched from over his shoulder as he continued to type and make some final adjustments to the document he was working on.

"Gagawa ako ng kape para sa'kin. Gusto mo rin ba?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"I would love some coffee."

I nodded my head at pumunta sa coffee machine para magtimpla ng dalawang tasa ng kape. Nagsimula akong magtimpla ng kape habang pinagmamasdan ako ng mga mata ni Archer. Naramdaman ko ang titig niya sa akin at napangiti ako.

I took the cups of coffee after they were done brewing and I handed one to him. He took the cup from my hand and gave me a warm smile. He then took a sip of the hot coffee and I joined him in taking a sip of mine as we enjoyed the flavor of the fresh coffee together.

"I'm having a business trip next week and I would love for you to come along with me." Archer's voice was soft and gentle as he spoke, but I could also sense that there was some anticipation in his tone.

"Pero may pasok ako,"

"I know that you have classes, but this is an important business trip and I really want you to come." Archer's voice was more determined and insistent as he spoke, but I could still hear the softness and warmth in its tone.

He really wanted me to come with him and I could tell that he was expecting me to say yes.

"Don't worry about your classes, I'll talk to your class professor and get you excused for the week." Archer's voice was reassuring and confident as he spoke.

I could tell that he had really thought this out and he wanted me to come with him on the business trip. He felt sure that it would all work out and that I would agree to go with him.

"The business trip will only take about five days and it's going to be a very important one." Archer's voice was filled with determination and he seemed certain that the business trip was essential in his career.

He seemed like he was not willing to compromise on the business trip and he expected me to come along with him.

Archer's eyes lit up as he heard my answer. He smiled at me and I could sense the relief and satisfaction on his face. I could tell that he was happy that I was willing to come with him on the business trip. He looked at me with a mixture of pride and affection as he nodded his head in appreciation.

Archer and I had been preparing for the business trip for days and the day had finally come. We had packed our bags and everything else that we needed for the trip and we were ready to go.