♡13♡

✧✧✧

Haha. Not really.

I did pause to feel if my heart felt anything. But no, I just wanted him to work things out with his girlfriend.

I shook my head. Was I going to die single?

"So what are you going to do?" I asked as I bit into my burger.

"Long distance relationships don't work out." He said. Kelvin drank from his can of beer. I looked at him.

"You've got trust issues, eh?" I asked.

His face twitched, I had hit a nerve. Kelvin drew in a deep breath. "My mum travelled abroad to study and never came back. Next news is that she's married and she's sorry."

I halted. Somehow I could relate, I could understand him.

"My dad cheated on my mum. Got the other woman pregnant, mum filed for divorce and he agreed immediately. He's married to that woman now with two kids."

"I'm sorry."

I waved his apology away. "I guess we have assholes as our mother and father."

Kelvin laughed.

"So don't let your mother stop you from your happiness."

"Look at you giving love advice."

I giggled.

"So who's your happiness?"

Clyde.

"No one. Single as a pringle."

He looked at me like he was about to say something.

"What?" I asked curious.

"Nothing."

"You've got to be kidding me. I saw the look on your face, you were going to tell me something."

"You must have imagined it."

"Are you saying I'm delusional?"

Kelvin laughed.

After we finished dinner, Kelvin booked an Uber. The ride to my hostel was short, as I got down from the car a thought came to my mind.

"Hey, will you be my date to the freshers night party?" I asked him.

He kept a straight face. "No."

"Idiot." I said laughing.

The week ended quickly and it was a Thursday of the next week which was the week for the party. The location was posted on the group chat. A hotel named Kuban and the party was on Saturday night.

A text came to my phone.

KELVIN: I'm visiting my girlfriend tomorrow. I won't be in school.

ME: This is a man speaking :D

KELVIN: LOL I'll be back Saturday morning for the party.

ME: Have fun.

The door opened, Mira came in without her usually energy. I noticed that she was shivering.

"Are you sick?" I asked feeling her forehead. I didn't need an answer because she was burning up.

I went to a pharmacy to get drugs while Brenda cooled down her temperature with a napkin soaked in water.

After Mira had taken the drugs she dozed off, I covered her with a blanket and turned off the fan.

By Saturday morning, Mira was getting better but nowhere near okay to go to any party.

"Fucking sickness." She said still covered with a blanket.

"Poor Miracle is not going to Kuban Hotel tonight." Brenda mocked, then she and I burst into laughter. Mira looked like she wanted to kill us.

After having breakfast which was nothing special but cereals, I spent the rest of the day doing laundry.

I finished around 1 in the afternoon so I decided to take a nap. I slept for about two hours. Brenda prepared macaroni and salad for lunch.

When I was done with lunch I decided to go wash my hair. I washed my afro with shampoo and then conditioner. Then applied a mixture of shea butter and coconut oil.

I combed my hair and Brenda helped me braid my hair into cornrows. I brought out my long brown bob wig with fringe and straightened it with a straightener.

Brenda took her bath first and I entered after her. After washing up I donned on my outfit. A halter animal skin dress, it exposed my back and had a low neckline. The dress was tight and short accentuating my figure. I wore my jewelries, a gold bracelet and a few rings.

I was automatically transformed when I put on my wig. I was looking untouchable. The fringes laid on my forehead beautifully and the wig swayed as I moved. I wore black high heels, applied lip gloss and carried a black handbag making sure I put a comb so I could comb my wig if it gets rough.

"You look so hot." Mira said, she had been watching us dress the whole while. She looked like a sad puppy.

"Aw, my baby." I made to touch her face but she pushed my hands away. I laughed.

Brenda wore a mini pale purple button down dress. Again, she had to be careful not to bend down. The dress had an elasticated waist line, Brenda left braids down. She outlined her eyes with an eyeliner giving her a smoky look. She finished up her make up with a nude lipstick that went along with her skin colour. A silver platform heels and silver clutch completed her outfit.

She was gorgeous. I don't know how she always managed to look both innocent and devilish at the same time.

We finished off with our perfumes. I was looking so tall close to her and the heels I was wearing didn't help much.

Then I remembered. "Brenda we didn't book an Uber."

She gave a smile. "Surpriiise. Clyde is waiting for us downstairs, I invited him."

✧✧✧