Chapter 7: History/His-story

The flight to Korea was spent sleeping for Dae Un, he knew that he would land early in the morning and to avoid any jet lag he had to regulate his internal clock before landing. He could not afford being at any disadvantage. The coming few weeks were the make and break for all the efforts he had been putting ever since he got discharged from his mandatory military duty.

He knew that Song Taek hyung (the cafe owner) was worried for him and wanted to meet him as soon as he came back to Korea but he also knew that he would understand him. He was the only person who always understood him. He called him hyung even though their age difference was massive and he could be his son, but the way they met and they way they stayed connected, it was a friendship and calling him Song Taek uncle or Ahjussi or anything like that sounded a bit weird to him and he naturally called him hyung (elder brother).

After landing, the first thing he did was call Song Taek hyung's house, it was answered by his wife, who he lovingly called Noona (older sister) "Hello"

"Hello Noona" 

"Dae Un-a, what is the matter? Calling so early in the morning? Oh it must late evening for you right? Is everything okay?" she asked like an elder sister

"Yes, yes, everything is okay. It's morning for me as well, I just came back, I am calling from the airport"

"What? You are back? Are you going home now? Does that mean you are coming to our party in the evening?" she was happy 

"No no, I am not going home. I am going to Busan right now and I will not be coming to your party, sorry Noona. But I sent a message to hyung yesterday, I thought he would have told you" 

"Your hyung did not say anything about you coming back, and Busan? Why?"

"I have some work there, I think I will be there for at least a week, I will visit you once I come back to Seoul"

"This is not done Dae Un-a, you are here and won't even come say hi to us first, you are making me upset"

The owner had just come in to the living room where his wife was on the phone and he heard the last few words making me upset..

He was now looking at her with concern

"Your hyung is here now, let me ask him why he didn't tell me about you coming" she said looking at her husband

She now addressed him and said "Dae Un was coming and you didn't even tell me and you are letting him go to Busan before coming to my party?"

"I didn't know he was coming. Is he here already? And why is he going to Busan?"

"He just told me that he sent you a message"

"You think if I got Dae Un's message I would keep it from you? What are you even saying?"

Dae Un could listen to everything that was being said and he was smiling, these two people who were not related to him cared about him so much unlike his own family.

"Ya! When did you leave me a message? You are deliberately trying to get me in trouble with your Noona" the owner was now speaking on the phone

"I called yesterday and left a message with your favourite Miss Se Hee"  as he said the name, he felt as if he got a sour taste in his mouth "She must have not given it to you, sounds like her normal behaviour"

"With Se Hee? Wha..." as he was saying he recalled the message that Se Hee gave him yesterday.

"Ah okay okay, yes, Se Hee gave me the message alright. But you didn't give her your name you idiot."