Chapter 6 - Opening the Gates

[TW - GORE, EXCESSIVE VIOLENCE, HUMAN SACRIFICE]

You had sent out the post just ten hours ago. How much were you at now?

$50,000 bucks?

About.

You had posted on Reddit requesting everyone donate to your group as much as they could. You'd be damned if you didn't open that portal. Or at least try.

Why did you wanna open it so bad? Simple. That damn radio was a bitch, and you were going to shut the bastard up.

Also... you kinda just wanted to meet him. The man who had caused your whole life to go so absurdly sideways.

So you did just that. You gathered up money, and now it was time to go shopping. You thanked your followers for their generous donations and reminded them to smile, and then logged off and hopped in your car.

***

While driving, it occurred to you that perhaps this was a good idea for another reason. If you could make contact, you could probably ask your god to tell your little cult to stop causing problems. As for how willing he'd be to do that... well, that was debatable. In the mildest terms, he was a total nutcase. It was doubtful he'd agree to it. He probably found all of this funny.

It also occurred to you that maybe you were doing all of this for nothing. Your grandfather very well could've been absolutely nuts and you just didn't realize it. But that didn't seem like it would be the case. He had been an honest man to a fault. This didn't seem like something he would've made up.

And that was why you had so much faith in this. You trusted your grandfather. You trusted his journals. You trusted that he knew what he was talking about.

And you trusted that the demon haunting you was the one he'd made his deal with. Considering the connection to the radio that this demon had, you were firm in the belief that they were either closely related to or one in the same as your dearest god.

You parked your car and got out. The sun was too bright today. Way too bright. And it was warm. Just that slightly too hot kind of weather that you could do nothing about but hated with a passion. Not to mention how horridly humid it was to add onto it. Not that that was new.

You walked into the store and gathered all the–admittedly expectedly cringey—items you would need for this experiment. Candles, salt, etc. Stupid, cringey, and entirely expected. You got everything you could from the store. Anything else on your list would have to be gotten through... different means.

***

You were, sadly, a common user of the deep web. You were, luckily, a master at hiding your identity, so this was not particularly a problem. It also helped that death wasn't particularly a fear of yours.

What were the ingredients you would need for this?

I'm glad you asked!

>Human. Cooked human.

And as skilled as you were, you couldn't exactly cook yourself. That probably would send you to Hell, granted, but that would be a one way ticket you didn't particularly want.

So you found someone selling a dead body. They had thoroughly dismembered it. The limbs and head were removed and wrapped and packaged as one might expect. They were all stored in a freezer just waiting to be bought.

You messaged them with an inquiry about the body, asking how much they wanted for it.

$30k. Cheap. Real cheap. Weirdly cheap. You were reluctant to trust such a thing, but it was worth it, you supposed. You sent them the money through a separate bank account from your own just to be safe.

***

The body was one of a middle aged man. Unknown who it was, but he was as boring looking as you might expect. It really didn't matter anyways.

You paid your respects and got to cooking. Recommended in your father's cookbook was a recipe for Jambalaya. Of course it was. You smiled as you read it. Your grandfather wasn't a cannibal, but he certainly enjoyed Jambalaya. And this recipe was a remix of his old one. Instead of it being good, it used human meat.

This was going to be a real pain.

***

"Plate it and set it in the center of the circle... That's stupid. Is the portal gonna eat it? Will it summon this bitch forth with the power of a horrid version of a good meal? This is dumb."

But you did as the instructions explained.

"Make the circle in salt. Candles at the edges. Light them before you start cooking. They should've melted about halfway by the time you're finished cooking. Cook up the recipe written below. When you're done, put it in the center of the circle and wish. Wish as hard as you can for that damn hole to open. It will."

So you did just that.

You set down the bowl and squeezed your eyes shut and hoped and prayed that this was going to work.

And then the ground fell away.

[Words: 847]