The Princes' Questions

After Bael had adjourned the council meeting, the members broke off into their usual cliques and went about their business. Some left, some stayed. Of the latter were Princes Vassago and Stolas.

Stolas: That was a short meeting.

Vassago: All the better. What needs to be done, some of it anyway, is being done.

Stolas: Asmoday taking an interest in this is... odd.

Vassago: I don't much understand it either. I know he has his ups and downs. Times where he couldn't care less, and other times where he shows a soft side. But this... He doesn't even know the victims.

Stolas: Maybe... maybe he does. He seemed angered. When he spoke up to Malphas, he spoke like a man who's been wronged.

Vassago: You're not suggesting he had something to do with it, are you?

Stolas: No. This whole thing has an air of vengeance. Vengeance almost always becomes a cycle. I think whoever struck at the circus seeking revenge ended up wronging Asmoday. And now he's seeking revenge on them.

Vassago: I know you and him don't get along. But what do you feel about him in this instance?

Stolas: I don't know. I think I feel... pity. Something tells me Asmoday lost something in that fire that he cared about. And it wasn't something trivial. Who was the imp you saved? Did he give you a name?

Vassago: No. I don't know who he is. Yet, I wish him a swift recovery.

Stolas: What about other survivors? The ones who escaped.

Vassago: I know some did. Some were fleeing from the fire, or standing outside and watching. There were the ones interviewed by the news, as well. A poor imp girl, Brenda, or maybe it was Barbra. I didn't catch it. She lost her mother, and her brother barely got out alive.

Stolas: Why do I feel like I know her?

Vassago: Do you?

Stolas: Well, I doubt I know her. It's likely I know of her. It could be I recall someone close to her. I did attend the circus from time to time, but I don't know most of the members by name. I'll look into this.

Vassago: Wait, is that Asmoday?

Stolas: Where?

Vassago pointed behind him. Stolas turned to look, and he caught a glimpse of the massive three faced rooster on the other side of a portal before it closed.

Stolas: A portal? He's in a hurry.

Vassago: That was Grand Seductress General.

Stolas: So, he's more invested than I thought. Do you think someone should tell his driver to leave without him?

???: Leave that to me.

From behind the theatron seats, where they had been listening in on the council meeting, stepped Prince Amaymon. As grand in size as their husband, Asmodeus, but more human in appearance. Both masculine and effeminate.

Vassago: Cardinal.

Amaymon: Just prince for now.

Stolas: Have you spoken to Asmoday, then?

Amaymon: I was hoping to, but it looks like he ditched me.

Vassago: Still, do you know why he'd be so interested in the wellbeing of the imp survivor?

Amaymon: I don't.

Stolas: Any ideas?

Amaymon: A few. I'd stay and chat, but I really should go after him.

Vassago: He's at Grand Seductress General.

Amaymon: I know. I'll take his limo and meet him there.

Vassago: Very well. Good day, Ca- uh, prince.

Stolas nodded to them.

Stolas: Prince.

Stolas returned his focus to Vassago.

Stolas: By the way, Stella and I have been discussing something.

Vassago: Oh? Do tell.