Chapter twelve

A verse for you: " when pride cometh, then cometh shame but with the lowly is wisdom" proverb 11 Vrs 2.

Please vote and comment love you.

...........................................

7/02/24

Immediately Elizabeth got home she pulled her clothes, changing into a casual wear. She drove to a bar staying in the VIP section.

She began to order alcohol, she needed to get drunk.

She was tired of the whole drama, everyone coming at her. She cried as she drank to stupor.

" I am so tired.... I am tired of this rubbish after all I have ever done" she said bitterly.

But as we all know no one can question God, he is the author and finisher of our faith.

" Ummm..... Ma'am I think you should calm down" the bat attendant tried to calm her down.

" Stay the fuck away from me" she pointed her finger threatening him.

" Is there anyone I can call for you? You are drunk"

" I am not drunk" she laughed without humor.

" Just bring more drinks" she slurred out.

" No ma'am you are drunk"

" I said stay the fuck away" she pushed him.

He grabbed her phone from the table using her face to open it before checking through her contact list, the first person on the contact list was who he called.

" Hello" he said.

" Yhh.... Elizabeth what's wrong?"

" This isn't Elizabeth.........."

Joshua immediately ran down to the bar when he got there Elizabeth was a complete mess, she was wasted on the chair.

Elizabeth wasn't one to drink why would she be drunk? He thought to himself.

" I am so sorry for the inconveniences" Joshua apologized on her behalf.

" No problem sir"

" Has the drinks being paid for?"

" Yes it has, her phone and her purse are on the table"

" Thank you" he carried her in a bridal style heading for the car.

" Joshua! Have you....." She hiccuped.

" Calm down Elizabeth"

" No lemme talk" she whined like a baby

" Why is the lord so cruel, he wants me to work for him" she laughed before continuing.

" He wants me to suffer, don't you know that those who work for him suffers uhn?? I am comfortable serving him like this I don't want to work for him" she folded her hands over her chest pouting like a spoilt child.

" Okay calm down Elizabeth, you need a cold shower now"

" I won't work for him" she kept chanting it till she slept off.

Joshua was confused he needed explanation for what she was saying.

Immediately he got he to the car he brought her down from car to the guest room.

He asked the maids to clean her up and change her clothes, after changing her clothes he tucked her in kissing her head lightly.

*********
8/02/24

The next morning Elizabeth woke up with the sun sleeping through the slightly opened window, her head was pounding like shit she rubbed her head.

" Good morning sleeping beauty" Joshua opened the door smiling at her.

" Hey.... My head is pounding like......" She closed her eyes holding her head.

" Common let's go ease your headache and get food to eat" he held her hand to the kitchen. She sat on the counter propping her hands on the counter waiting for whatever Joshua wanted to bring for her.

He gave her a plate of waffles and maple syrup.

She didn't feel like eating the food she pushed it forward feeling nauseous.

" What!" He glared at her.

" I can't eat it I might puke" she grimaced.

" Well you have to force yourself" he picked up the fork stabbing the waffle trying to feed her but she shook her head.

" No!" She protested.

" Well you have to eat if you want to use your drugs"

" I need to go to work but I am not sure I can go to work in this condition" she held her head groaning.

He finally force fed her and she used her drugs before sleeping a little bit.

" Hello mum" Joshua said holding the phone close to his ear trying to work on his laptop.

" Joshua darling how are you?"

" I am fine mom and you?" He picked up the files on top of his desk checking it out.

" I am fine, well I wanted to ask you something"

" Okay...." He drawled.

" Can I meet Elizabeth?"

" Elizabeth? As in Elizabeth Williams?" He dropped his files.

" Yes Elizabeth Williams tell her I have something important to tell her"

" Mom! She is not in the perfect condition to meet you"

" Well I will meet her when she is better"

" Mom what do you want to tell her?" He demanded

" Just tell her I said I want to meet her"

" Ugh! I will tell her mom"

" Thank you love you sweetheart" he could imagine his mom big smile over the phone.

" How is work son?"

" Fine mom I am currently working"

" Okay okay baby I love you" she made some kisses sound and he mentally gagged at how his mother still treated him like a baby.

" I have to get going Joshua" Elizabeth woke up walking into Joshua's study room in his shirt and shorts.

" Elizabeth you just woke up and we need to talk"

" I know I just woke up but I have an appointment with my uncle"

" Elizabeth you were mumbling that God was cruel and how you didn't want to work for him" Elizabeth froze on her tracks turning to looked at him dumbstruck.

" It's nothing Joshua" she licked her dry lips.

" Elizabeth this is the second time you are saying this,the last time you were drunk you kept saying and yesterday too so whatever is wrong with you, you can tell me" he persuaded.

" I said it's nothing Joshua! It's fucking nothing" she cursed, when realization dawned on her she clamped her mouth shut walking out of the room.

She picked her phone calling her driver to come pick her up, she was sick and tired of everyone talking to her about the same old thing.

She groaned realizing she had just shouted at Joshua for nothing and had cursed.

She got home picked out some clothes and ran out of the house wearing her shades.

She picked up her coffee since she needed something strong to keep her going today.

********
Hey yooo my durhlings🙂. How are you??? Few more chapters to gooooo💃.

How do you feel under the influence of the holy spirit???