10. Ignoring the Vamp

Since that night at the club, I ignored Alucard as much as possible. However, it seems that it is harder than I thought, as he knows how to annoy me...in his own ways.

First attempt was on the training fields.

I had to shoot terrorists and keep the hostages alive, this was my assignment. Seras blew everyone off, which caused quite a laughter in the group. The captain didn't get enough of it, mimicking Seras voice at her mistake. Once he received his regular hit into his gut, it was my turn to try it out. That is, if there wasn't this bloody dog, barking at me. His loud bark made me jump and I missed my targets most of the time or he jumps on me, preventing me to shoot in the first place.

At the end, I received some encouraging words from Pip, such as "At least you hit the terrorist one eye" or "One leg is better than none." However, it wasn't the captain that pissed me off, it was that bloody dog, who disappeared once I was done with shooting.

Next, was running around the Hellsing estate.

Nothing is better than to compete against your comrades for fun, that is if the competition is fair. As I was about to be the first at the finish line, a shadow appeared near my feet, knocking me over. I became last at the end. No matter how many rounds we did, that shadow was always making me fall. Even when I had tried to prevent one shadow from doing so, the next made it even worse.

In my room I could finally relax with a nice hot shower.

I waited till hot water fell onto my wounded body. Bruises and scratches stings at the contact, but other than that it was heavenly. But then...all of a sudden...the water turns ice cold. It didn't return to the hot water. I got out of the shower, still covered in shampoo and gel, only to fall onto the floor. At that I also banged my head at the toilet seat. I clenched my teeth together, getting the soap off me...with cold water.It didn't help, when a massive bump formed on my head, hurtung badly under the temperature.

At least the entertainment would be good, right?

I went over to the sofa, grabbing my headphones and mobile, only to find them both missing. After an hour of searching I found my mobile, but not the headphones. I decided to read without music, as I opened my book...

...at least...I tried. The pages stuck together like glue, impossible to open without destroying it. Screw bad luck, I screamed out in frustration. Maybe I find some relaxation through sleep, right? After so many bad events, I hoped to get a nice dream.

Wrong!!!

The bed...was gone! Removed just...whoosh...away. My nerves were at their end today, falling on to the sofa. I was about to close my eyes, as a figure sat beside me singing, "Bla bla black sheep..." "What do you want?!!!" I screamed at the person, knowing who it was already. "Is that how to treat your savior?" "Not if they make my day a living hell and...oh, I almost forgot...killed my best friend!!!" "When will you ever forget that?" he asked, rather annoyed than concerned. I looked away, "Just leave me alone...monster."

Unaware that I hit a nerve...he snapped.

"Monster...monster?!!!" he slammed the table away from the sofa, leaning over me dangerously, "Do you want to see what this 'monster' is capable off, do you?!!!"

"I...I.."

"ANSWER ME!!!"

"....noooo" I screamed before cowering into the seat.

For a minute, the room went silent; while he touched my hands with his. The contact made me flinch. "Do forgive me" his voice was softer now.

"I can't" I said, sobbing now. "At least...try" he pushed, rubbing his forehead on mine tenderly.

I looked up at him, wiping the nose with my sleeve, "I....I...try."

He smiled slightly, as I returned the favor on my own. "May I get my bed back please?"
"Of course, it is over there", I followed his finger towards the window. I tensed up, "Why is my bed inside the pool?"

"...It was smelly"

"ALUCARD!!!!!!!!!"