31. A life of all lifes

I waited for rod to take another hit. It never came. Looking up I could see her scream disgusted, swatting off insects of her body. But where do they come from?

"There you are."

Taking some strength to move my head, I saw Alucard, lensing against a wall, with his arms crossed on his chest. His calm attitude annoyed me though, "What kept you, you imbecile?!"

"Is that the way to talk to your saviour?" He said, not feeling offended by my words.

"So far, I am not!"

My old friend was furious, squishing the bugs under her shoes, "Disgusting creatures!" Suddenly, her behaviour changes. Her eyes were wide,as the sight of Alucard seem to have lift her mood, "You came at last."

He smiled at her, "You haven't changed, even on that very night."

"You promised me the life of all lifes!"

I heard his feet now standing beside my body, "I came for her, not for you. And this promise you speak of...there never was one."

"You liar!"

If I wasn't in such pain, I would have slapped him. While the two were arguing and ignored my very existence, I crawled away. The more I was out if reach, she got even more angry with his cocky attitude. She just couldn't understand what he wants from me. His answer, was simple,"She promise me a life of hers."

"Nonsense" she spat, "She is just a normal, boring, useless human being!"

"Exactly, a human...with a beating heart. It seems that you do not know her that well. She is far from being boring, more annoying then that and being useless...well...you have a point there."

"Don't tell me you prefer a dull life over that of a vampire? You can have it all!"

Alucard frowned, "I am sick and tired of this life, especially when trash like you lecture me about it."

"Trash? How dare you?!" She attacked him. The man in red moved aside and raised the jackal at her. As quick as she got close, her speed helped to dodge the bullets as well.

They finally finished their pointless conversation. The talk between them was done for, at least it was for Alucard. Only then, he notice me being gone. Unfortunately, my blood gave it away, leaving a trail behind. My old friend saw it too, thinking the same thing. She was only on her way, just yelling back at the Alucard, "Sorry, but I got an meeting with my dear N\A. I hope you don't mind waiting for me?" It was sure what she will do to me, but still, he sees no reason to hurry. Alucard's eyes glared, seeing a challenge, "I do mind, since she is my precious human." But unlike my old friend, he just walked comfortably along the blood line, like a normal walk in the park.

Meanwhile, I found a first aid kid at a shop. The vampires have destroyed it, along with the owners. Now capable get back on my feet, I slowly moved further. Assuming that Alucard will deal with my old friend, I needed to find the next hospital. With all the blood loss, it is only a matter of time till I meet the end. Something not even Alucard can prevent. In one corner, the shop presented several maps from England, among them, was also a tourist guide for London. On the emergency list was one hospital, that was just a few roads away. Glad to see some hope, it was immediately shattered, by the sight of my old friend. Her grin was not a good sign.

"Peekaboo I see you."

With the fire extinguisher I yelled back, "Not anymore!" The substance made it foggy around us. My chance to run off, unaware of where I was heading. Too bad I went the same way I came from, running right into the arms...of Alucard.

"Missed me already?" He said amused.

"As if. Get me to the hospital!"

"And what is the magic word?"

"...now..."

Sighting, he carried my body in one arm, "You really have the skills to ruin the moments."

"And you don't have the sense of humor for the right moments. I am dying here and you pull jokes! Don't you have any sympathy?" His eyes watched mine for a while. This was a stupid question indeed, "Pretend I never said that."

My old friend had gotten out of the fog, searching for another trail of blood. There was one, leading her to the park. The same one I have met Alucard. She listened to every sound, assuming that I was hiding somewhere. All of a sudden, a bright light was blinding her.

Flash!!!!

From another angle,flashlights brightened up the park.

She couldn't see a thing, only heard someone call out to her. It was a strong firm female voice, "We have you surrounded, surrender at once!"

"Never!" She barked back, hissing towards the voice, showing her fangs. With speed, she ran towards one of the lights, only to be pulled back by something. Drops of blood were dripping to the ground. "What the hell is this?!" She said, inspecting the cuts on her arms. Her eyes didn't see any strings near her, only a man in a smart suit. Slowly, he approached her, "Miss, please to not resist or I have to force you." She could only laugh at the man's demand, "And what can an old man do to force me? Don't make me laugh!" Widening her mouth to reveal her sharp teeth, she went for the man. However, she never reached him...as her arms were chopped off, followed by her legs. Like a rag doll, she fell to the ground and cursed under her breath. It was the last thing she could do, once the man was right before her whispering only one word.

"Amen."

Tired and cold, we finally reached the hospital. The nurse got me into a wheelchair, while Alucard was ordered to wait. In the waiting room, he sat next to a mother and her son, as the only patients in the place. The boy had a deep cut on his arm, still bleeding a little. The sound of the vampire, licking his lips, caught the boys attention. Alucard stared down at him,"You smell delicious." With that, he had the room to himself. The poor boy ran out crying, followed by his worried mother. On their way out, they passed a woman in a green suit, long hair and glasses.

"You couldn't resist, could you Alucard?"

"Of course not, my master"