♡17♡

✧✧✧

A week had past since the incident, Brenda has not been coming home. Her partner Sophia came to collect some of her clothes so I knew she was staying with Sophia, they were quick to become friends.

I couldn't reach Brenda on WhatsApp and on calls too, she had probably blocked me. She wasn't talking to Mira either.

Brenda has not been coming to school also so I have not seen her since my mother's wedding. I winced thinking of how I had ruined the wedding. The party had to be cut short and the guests had left immediately. They were never going to forget such a memorable day.

Most unique wedding ever.

It was a Monday and I was walking to class alone, I had been doing that for a week now. My phone rang.

"Good morning mum"

"Morning sweetie. How are you?"

"Good. How's Mark?"

"He's good." She paused on her end as if she was hesitating from saying something. Then she asked, "Is Brenda still not talking to you?"

"Nope but I understand, if a friend did that to me I'd never forgive them." I said.

"Aw, baby. You made a mistake and that's part of growing up, what matters is that you make it up to her. Don't let a boy come between a wonderful friendship."

"Thank you mum. Bye."

When I walked into class I was surprised to see Brenda, she sat with Sophia and was looking unapproachable.

I was ashamed, I gathered some courage and went to her. "Brenda I'm really really sorry. I fucked up big time, I never intended to hurt you. Please just talk to me."

Brenda didn't even look at me, her gaze was straight ahead but I could see dark circles around her eyes like she's been crying and not sleeping lately. A lecturer came into the class so I had to sit down somewhere else.

Two more weeks passed, Clyde had been calling non-stop but I never for once picked up his call. He's been texting on WhatsApp too that we needed to talk but I ignored all his messages. Brenda still was not talking to me, I guess our friendship has been severed completely.

Our room has lost it's brightness. No Brenda to smile brightly, I missed her food also. No Brenda to chatter excitedly. We missed her, Mira and I.

It was a Friday, Brenda was not in school but Sophia was. To my surprise, Sophia called me after classes.

"Hey." She said with a blank face.

I nodded. She handed me a piece of paper, I took it from her and opened it. I was an address. I looked at her perplexed.

"That's where I stay. Look, she has not really told me what transpired between you guys but I know you really hurt her. I'm doing this because I don't like the present Brenda, I want the sunny Brenda back." Sophia explained.

"Thank you so much." I told her. Sophia gave a curt nod and left.

Later in the evening I called an Uber and gave him the address given to me. He stopped there, Sophia was living in her family's house, it was a huge duplex.

I rang the doorbell and Sophia opened the door. "Come in"

I shook my head. "Tell Brenda I'm here to see her."

"You know she won't come to see you."

"I know."

Sophia shut the door close. I waited and waited and waited for Brenda but she never came outside. I stood for over two hours, the sky began to darken, I checked my phone. 7:13pm.

I still waited. Soon I felt a drop of water touch me. No please. It began to drizzle, God must have agreed that I really deserved some punishment.

A pretty woman opened the door and I guessed that she must be Sophia's mother, she tried to urge me to come in but I politely refused. The rain got heavier and soon I was soaked. I didn't carry my bag so my phone was wet too, my phone rang. Mira was calling, I hadn't told her where I was going, she must be pretty worried.

I tried to answer but it wouldn't swipe. Water had entered my screen. I was cold too, I stood in the rain shivering.

Someone lifted the curtain covering the window of a room upstairs. I knew it was Brenda. I stood in the rain for about 30 minutes and the rain showed no sign of stopping.

Suddenly, the door swung open.

✧✧✧