[V1E5]It just keeps going

"That is a hole in the ground. We are looking for ruins."

"Yes and where are ruins usually found? Underground."

"While I see your logic we're also taking a test. I don't think they'd place the location we are meant to retrieve a relic from in a random hole in the ground."

"Ok but what if they ARE in a random hole in the ground and we just leave it here and fail the test because you're too scared to enter a cave?"

"I'm not scared! I just don't want to waste my time with a pointless venture. Every moment is precious."

"Guys please..." Pyrrha finally interjected, firmly yet gently pushing Y/n and Jaune away from each other. "Jaune's right, we should check it out in the unlikely event that it IS where we should be."

Y/n glares at Jaune as the teen smugly grins. "Very well. You two can enter the cave but I'm standing guard outside in the event of a Grimm attack or cave in."

Jaune then asked, "Can't you leave Farron for that job?"

Y/n shook his head as he pat Farron on the head. "Complex commands don't work for my summons. Best I can tell them is to stand guard. It won't come to warn us and I am not aware of its death if it ever falls," Y/n lied. In truth, the creatures formed from Lifeless Embers retain every bit of their intelligence as they did from death and he is acutely aware of them, even to the point of sharing senses with them when he wills it. Now would he tell them that? No. Of course not. He doesn't fear caves per say but he does have issues with what usually lied within them.

Jaune was a little annoyed before realizing that he would in fact be partnered with Pyrrha even if temporarily. "Fine. Pyrrha come on." With that Jaune entered the cave.

Pyrrha looked to Y/n. "Stay safe," She requested as she quickly followed Jaune.

Soon as she left Y/n shot himself up into a tree with his grappling hook. He then set Farron to guard the cave while he opened up his coat. "Come on out Dyna," Y/n spoke with a certain fondness as a hawk flew out from his coat, leaving a trail of embers in its wake. Y/n held out his prosthetic arm to allow the gigantic bird a place to perch. The hawk sets itself down, it's prosthetic blades dangling off Y/n's arm. Y/n then began to pet the hawk as he spoke, "Apologies but I won't be calling out Tillo today. It's just you for now. That being said, I want you to spy on the other innitiates please. Oh and keep an eye out for any ancient buildings."

The hawk nods its head in understanding before spreading its wings and soaring past the tree line. Y/n closed his eyes and opened them once more though this time he was sharing his vision with Dyna as she flew above the forest. Eventually Dyna caught sight of a red and white pairing and moved in to observe them. She silently took her place on a perch as the two humans seemed to bicker, oblivious to her and Y/n's observation.

"Weiss come on! We're suppose to be partners..." Ruby moaned in exasperation.

"Yes and so long as you do everything I say you may actually pass this initiation," She replied in a similarly exasperated tone.

"That's not how a partnership works!"

"That doesn't matter. Besides you should be thankful you're paired with me over someone like that oafish brute," She huffed.

"Oafish brute? Who," Ruby was confused now. She hasn't met anyone that fits that description.

"Do you have brain damage? It was that man who so carelessly grabbed me after knocking my stuff over!"

"Oh! You mean Y/n! Wait, Y/n's not oafish nor a brute!" Their argument quickly pivoted towards Y/n... much to Y/n's amusement.

"How can you say that when he so carelessly grabbed me?!"