[V1E6]Not So Bad

[Quick Note: Forgot Yang and Blake were already at the site. Gonna quickly retcon the previous chapter]

Y/n landed upon the steps of the ruins and immediately spots the pair already there. He gives Yang and Blake a wave as he turns his attention back to Pyrrha and Raya. "Found the ruins," he shouted as he turned back and quickly approached the pedestals inside that strangely held chess pieces of all things. The blonde looked like she wanted to say something to Y/n but her attention was dragged away by something else, leaving Y/n free to collect his and Pyrrha's piece.

Soon after doing so he was overcome by a wave of frustration. Jaune had fallen to the floor and is faceplanted in the steps, some red headed chick appeared from the forest riding a bear Grimm that immediately got into a fight with Raya after she dismounted, Pyrrha had managed to get off of Raya and was checking up on Jaune, oh and then there was Ruby who was falling from the sky as she had hijacked a massive bird Grimm. It kind of reminded Y/n of the bird that carried The Pursuer or him when he left the undead asylum.

Ruby landed safely, leading to her hugging Yang as the two shouted each others names repeatedly. The red head was also called Nora as she rudely interrupted the siblings, Y/n was also quick to pick up on the fact that it was the black haired boy that wrangled her in.

"RUBY! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME," Shouting from above further caught Y/n's attention as he looked up to spot Weiss on the bird Grimm.

"JUST JUMP," Ruby shouted back.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"She did jump off," Y/n responded though only as a whisper. This did get a rise out of Blake and a chuckle from Yang.

The bird Grimm then bucked and sent Weiss tumbling over the edge, thus beginning her descent. The rest of the teens watched on with worried expressions. Jaune looked like he wanted to do something but he was still recovering from the two face plantings. Our protagonist closed his eyes and let out a heavy breath before firing off his hook into the cliffside wall and propelling himself upwards. He quickly began to scale the thing, putting his climbing skills to use before jabbing the hook into the wall as an anchor as he used his other arm to Gaige the distance between him and Weiss.

He swapped his prosthetic tool to the spring-load flame vent and leapt from his position while using the recoil of the explosive shot to further propel himself further. He then used his grapple hook to wrap around Weiss and yank the screaming girl towards him. They met in the middle as the teen dragged Weiss into a hug and braced their fall with his back. The two land with a rather painful sounding thud. Weiss slowly got to her footing and unconsciously held out her hand to Y/n. The teen, after a moment of faking an injury, slowly reached out and got up while faking great pain in the process.

"T-thank you Y/n..." Weiss trailed off before shaking her head and glaring at him, though it was half hearted. "I guess this makes us even for the time you man handled me."

Y/n sighed, "I'm just glad you're safe Miss Schnee." With that he stepped away and back over to his partner and Jaune who had slowly managed to get back up. Weiss was momentarily stunned by Y/n's reply. Something he knew and intended on. He knew she'd expect him to get annoyed with her or even agree with her but to bypass her attempt to regain superiority would throw her for a loop. His own simple form of pay back for her dickish behavior.

"THAT WAS SO COOL! YOU WERE ALL LIKE PEW! SHWIP! BANG! SHWIP! HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!"

Y/n looked to Ruby, his unamused expression hidden behind his bandana. He also noticed the intrigued looks of everyone. Instead of answering them he planned to just show his prosthetic arm more clearly but was stopped as Weiss called out, "Hey something way more important is happening! The Death Stalker is breaking free!"