Chapter 46

Jennie sighed and dropped back into her chair after hanging up the phone.
Next week was already the charity event, and even though everything had gone smoothly so far, there was suddenly a lot to do. Jennie phoned back and forth with the caterer, the band that wanted to perform and confirmed that the festival tents would arrive by Friday at the latest.
She even had her phone on for such calls during class, which the teachers were of course informed about. No one criticized her when she suddenly jumped up in the middle of the lesson after her phone rang and ran out of class without a comment.

She had sent the other members of the student council away for today; after all, they couldn't help the student representative on the phone. Jennie was checking the weather forecast again when there was a knock and a cute girl with a wolf cut poked her head through the door.

"One coffee and a croissant to Jennie Kim. Am I in the right place?"

Jennie's exhaustion was instantly blown away and she sat up a little straighter.

"Always. Come in, Lili."

Lisa immediately closed the door behind her and placed the coffee and croissant in front of Jennie.

"You're not home yet? School's long over.",

Jennie mumbled and immediately reached for the still hot coffee. Lisa laughed.

"You're one to talk. You sent everyone else away, but you're still working yourself. Do you need a massage?",

she asked, already standing behind her. She began to massage Jennie's shoulders, and the student representative practically melted into the touch as she sighed contentedly.

"Hard to believe I have to give up my assistant next week...",

she murmured softly and closed her eyes.
She heard Lisa laughing behind her.

"That's what I am to you? Your assistant? So you can get free coffee?"

"No. You said yourself that you're my slave, Lisa.",

Jennie said, rolling her eyes exaggeratedly before starting to giggle.

"This is your fault! You give me massages and bring me coffee, now I'm really enslaving you!"

Lisa ran her fingers slowly into her hair, massaging her scalp with pleasant pressure.
Shit, that felt too good.
If Jennie had melted before, now she was nothing more than a puddle of pure joy and giddiness.
Had she really disliked Lisa? Really thought Lisa was a problematic person?
For the umpteenth time since Jennie had learned the truth about what had happened, she wished she had been more critical. That she had questioned the rumors more critically and not just believed what her eyes saw. Which suddenly brought her to another topic.

"The cigarette."

Lisa froze in surprise.

"What?"

"The cigarette. Was it yours?"

Lisa blinked and took a moment to understand what Jennie was talking about, then she grinned.

"You mean the cigarette you punished me for? It was a lame punishment by the way, working on the student council is too much fun."

"Oh? You didn't seem so enthusiastic a few weeks ago.",

Jennie joked.
Lisa nodded.

"I wasn't, but it's really fun.",

Lisa confirmed, which got Jennie thinking. Maybe Lisa would keep working on the student council if she asked.

"It was Bambam's.",