43

Chapter 42: The Predator Strikes

In the dead of night, as April drifted into fitful sleep, Deathstroke, the relentless assassin, moved with silent precision through the darkened corridors of her apartment. His eyes gleamed with predatory focus as he closed in on his unsuspecting prey, his movements like those of a ghost as he slipped into April's bedroom.

With a deft hand, Deathstroke reached out and gently covered April's mouth, stifling any cry of alarm before it could escape her lips. She stirred slightly, her sleep disturbed by the sudden intrusion, but she was powerless to resist as Deathstroke's iron grip tightened around her.

In her groggy state, April struggled to make sense of what was happening, her heart pounding with fear as she realized she was being abducted by an unknown assailant. Panic surged through her veins, but she knew that any attempt to fight back would be futile against Deathstroke's overwhelming strength and skill.

With a swift and practiced motion, Deathstroke lifted April from her bed and carried her out of the apartment, his movements fluid and silent as he made his escape into the night. No one would hear her cries for help, no one would come to her rescue—she was at the mercy of her captor, a pawn in his deadly game.

As April was whisked away into the darkness, her fate uncertain, the city slept on, oblivious to the sinister events unfolding in its midst. And as the first light of dawn began to creep over the horizon, Deathstroke disappeared into the shadows, his captive in tow, leaving behind only questions and uncertainty in his wake.