Chapter 7 (Going Home)

(Alex POV)

      After a couple of minutes trying to process what just happened I eventually turn the shower on and get in and relax in the warm water. I hum to myself as I lather myself with soap and stretch out when I start to rinse myself off. I step out of the shower after some time and start drying myself off. I get dressed and walk back into the main hotel room and see Mark and Tony getting dressed and they both smile at me and I pack everything up in my bag and I sit on my phone until we all grab our stuff and start to leave the hotel.

       Tony pulls out an umbrella before we walk out and I get closer to him to walk under it and stay out of the rain. I glance over at Mark and he pulls out his own and we stand outside waiting for the car as it rains and the wind blows. I yawn in the car and I lean on Tony and end up falling asleep.

(Tony POV)

      After Alex falls asleep Mark and I start talking about work and I rub my eyes and stare out the window. "Hey Mark?" I look back over at him and he puts his phone down. "Should we ever tell the world about him or will we just keep his existence only on a need to know basis? I can't keep him under lock and key forever but at the same time what if they take him away from me?" Mark's ears go down a little and he rubs my shoulder and I just sigh. "Honestly just do what you think is best for him, besides even if the government wants him they might only want him for a little bit of testing and give him back." He smiles a little to try and lighten the mood and I smile a little back and just lean on Alex and put my headphones in and turn Netflix on and start watching a movie.

      After 20 minutes we get back to the airport and I pick Alex up and we walk back to the plane. I strap his seatbelt on and buckle mine in and he yawns and rubs his eyes while pulling out his phone and scrolls through Tik Tok. We have lunch on the plane a little bit later and Alex walks around the plane out of boredom and I sit on my phone and watch him as he talks to one of the flight attendants and they are all happy and smiles asking questions about him and I hear him chuckle and assume he's having a good time right now.

      He gets back in his seat and stares out of the window and smiles as he sees the airport and buckles himself back into his seat and waits for the plane to land again. After the seatbelt sign turns back off we unbuckle ourselves and grab our luggage and we get off the plane and get into Mark's car and we start to make our way back to my place. Shortly after we get back on the interstate Alex begins looking out the windows out of boredom after declaring his phone dead and his gaze stops at the back window and after a couple of seconds he turns back around and leans against the side window and stares out of it. "So Alex I have a question for you, when I am at work do you want to hang out in my office or stay home?" Alex looks back at me and shrugs his shoulders "I don't know honestly it would be easier for me to just stay home at your place right?"... "Yea I guess" He smiles at me and looks back out the window while rubbing my hand and I hear him mumbling about it being soft.

      About 15 minutes later Alex yawns and looks back out the back window then glances around some of the side windows. "Hey Mark these windows are like hella tinted right?" Mark raises an eyebrow and turns to face Alex, "Yea Why wouldn't they?" Alex rolls his eyes a little "Damn sorry just checking, also those are government vehicles right?" He points at the back window and some of the side windows and there are a couple of blacked out SUVs behind and to the side of us. "I saw one a little bit ago but there's more now. Do you guys think this is going to be an issue?" I shrug my shoulders and just as luck would have it the one behind us turns their lights on and the ones to the side do the same and ones get in front of us forcing us to pull over. They get out of the car guns drawn and we all put our hands up as they open the doors and they grab Alex and put him in the back of one of them as he yells and tries to defend himself attempting to scratch at them, kick them, and bite them. They just open the door and push him in one of the cars and they cuff me, Mark, and the driver and start dragging us to different cars. Mark starts to resist but I shake my head no at him and he nods his head and stops... Why resist when they already have us? If we resist they might take him away for good or put us in prison.