Unexpected Encounter

Author's Note: I love spreading ryukiyo propaganda.  I think everyone needs to realize that if Ayanokouji is handsome enough to pull a harem of women, he can pull a harem of men as well.

"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce." - Karl Marx 『The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte.』

================================================================================

歴史は繰り返され、最初は悲劇として、次に茶番として。 - カール・マルクス 『ルイ・ボナパルトの「ブリュメール 18 世」』

______________

"Greetings Mr. Mastermind~.." Ryuuen sang softly.

It was a weird thing to hear from Ryuuen. Well, not just Ryuuen. Anyone in particular saying this would have made me uncomfortable. I was frozen in place, unsure of what to say in response. It was incredibly awkward. My eyes scanned around the lobby once again to distract myself. It seems that Ryuuen was in a good mood. His eyes were stern on my solid form. It was clear that he didn't plan to say anything. I cleared my voice to speak.

"Um, Greetings Ryuuen." My attention turned to Ryuuen. I looked him up and down. He looked a little different than usual.

Typically, his uniform shirt would be unbuttoned to reveal his collarbone. As of now, I could see down his shirt. Ryuuen's pecs looked like a sculpted statue. I found myself admiring his well-built body. It must have taken a lot of devotion to stay fit. Perhaps I'll bring this up later for small talk. I snap out of my daydreaming. I redirect my attention towards getting to Ryuuen's dorm.

"Are you going to take me to your dorm?" I looked around us. We stood awkwardly in the lobby. It was best that we get going. I wouldn't like to waste any more time.

"Oh yeah- I'll at least show you the way. It's pretty high up." Ryuuen turns around and starts making his way to the elevator. He glances back to make sure I'm following him.

He was being strange. Ryuuen was welcoming me into his dorm. Out of honesty, I thought he would be more aggressive. I stood up from my seat and followed Ryuuen's footsteps. He opens the elevator and steps in, waiting for me to do the same. I step into the elevator and stand beside Ryuuen. He presses the button for the 6th floor. It must have a nice view for its height. The elevator ride up was going to be quiet. We had nothing to discuss of common interests. I didn't have any interests, in particular, to talk about. A considerable amount of people believe I'm bland. It was another reason why I went unnoticed throughout the school semester. It was a lavish life to live. Unfortunately, it will eventually end if I continue with what I've been doing.

I turn my head over to glance at Ryuuen. He was staring directly at me. His magenta eyes met with my hazel eyes. We both slowly blink at each other. Neither of us said anything at first. Chimeful music played throughout the elevator to keep us company. The tension grew thicker the longer the silence became. Ryuuen speaks up first.

"What are you staring at?" Ryuuen states firmly. The boy crosses his arms over his chest. He was acting like he wasn't staring first. His eyes hardened with his comment.

"You. You were staring at me first." My gaze turned away to observe the appearance of the elevator. I heard a dissatisfied grunt off to my right. It was likely his denial.

Suddenly, there was an ominous laugh. It echoed off the small walls of the elevator. "Hehehe..... I bet you were admiring me." Ryuuen shoved his hands in his trouser pockets. He was so smug on a false accusation.