Spiraling Thoughts

Author's Note: I love Ryuuen x Ayanokouji like what is your problem.  Why are you fighting each other.  You should fight and then kiss and say I love you, like they literally have the same birthday.

"The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone." - Henrik Ibsen 『An Enemy of the People』

================================================================================

世界で最も強い男とは、最も孤独に立つ者である。 - ヘンリック・イプセン 『人々の敵』

______________

"Ryuuen..." She began. She furrowed her brows to think about what to say next. "Were you going to kiss Ayanokouji?"

"Hah?"

Huh? What? What?...

-

Wait, Ryuuen was going to kiss me? That doesn't seem plausible at all. I didn't know he swung that way, yet he was hitting on Horikita on the cruise to our first exam. I think Ibuki was getting the wrong idea. Maybe it was because she only saw Ryuuen pinning me against the elevator wall. She didn't hear him talk about getting revenge on me, so it looked like he leaned to kiss me. I could understand why she came to that conclusion.

Although, it was still strange. The more I thought about Ibuki's statement, the more questions I had. Same-sex couples were rare and sometimes frowned upon. I wasn't in the position to judge Ryuuen. But it brought questions about myself that I didn't consider. Was I okay with Ryuuen liking me? I guess. There wasn't a problem with Ryuuen having a crush on me if he did. Well, one problem. It was the fact it was Ryuuen. He was a problematic delinquent who acted like he could do anything he wanted. I don't see how girls could find aggressive behavior to be attractive. Perhaps if another guy like Hirata had a crush on me, it would be more accepting. But hypothetically speaking, if Ryuuen was attracted to me, why would he not confess his feelings? Why did he like me out of all the students here? Was Ryuuen always attracted to me? Why was I considered different compared to other students? All these questions continued to arise with no answer.

I should talk to Ryuuen in my own free time. I needed to clear up Ibuki's misunderstanding that spiraled out of control in my head. I'm taking this joke too seriously.

I settle myself back into reality. I blink slowly, finding myself in Ryuuen's dorm. Ibuki was standing in front of us with her arms crossed. Ishizaki and Albert stood behind her like she was their leader. Ibuki taps her foot, waiting for a response from Ryuuen.

"Well. Are you going to answer dipshit?" Ibuki was getting impatient. She places her hands on her hips. "All you did was react."

"I plead the 5th." Ryuuen raises his right hand to silence Ibuki. He shuts his eyes, refusing to elaborate any further.

That is not how the 5th Amendment works, nor do we live in the correct country to use it.

"What does that even mean?! You're dodging my question! You knew Ishizaki, Albert, and I would come by your dorm for something." Ibuki's eyes harden with frustration. She steps forward towards Ryuuen's direction. Her arm slung back like she was going to punch him.

Ishizaki grabs ahold of Ibuki's wrist and pulls her back. "Just calm down!... He's here now, so we can talk." His eyes nervously redirect themselves to Ryuuen.

"We can't talk to him as long as he's here." Ibuki glares at me. She was acting like I wanted to be here.

I put up my hands up defensively, "I can leave." I slowly got up to leave, but I got pulled back down. It was Ryuuen. He shot me a glare. I guess he still wanted to talk privately.