S1-E1: Beware the Beast from Below

We see the mystery kids celebrating in a green room with a toilet and bed attached to the wall. They had just solved another mystery and of course are really happy about it. Velma: "Another mystery bites the dust." Fred: "Way to go gang!" Daphne: "Let's celebrate!" Scooby: "Yeah. Celebrate." They were just about to walk out of the room they were in only for a jail door to close in their faces. Bronson: "Better idea." the sheriff said as he stares at them, unhappy with their actions. Fred: "Aw, come on, sheriff." he said as the five give him an annoyed and grumpy look for locking them up for no reason...again. Bronson: "Just cork it. You see this badge? Know why it's here?" Velma: "[sarcasm] It came with the shirt?" "It's here because if there's a crime, I solve it." he said before walking away and opened a door. He looked back at the group and said, "Oh, and by the way, I've called all your parents, who, by now, I have on speed dial. [laughs] Oh, are you in trouble. Especially you, Fred. Say hi to dad, the mayor." He then left the room, leaving the kids to mope. Daphne: "Just once, it would be nice if someone thanked us for solving a mystery." Fred: "Good thing we're not in this to be liked." he said earning a look from the group that made him realize what he said. "Maybe that didn't come out quite right."

We see the mayor walking down the stairs of City Hall and he bumps into someone the moment he hits the bottom. Mayor: "Capering candlesticks! Watch where you're going!" ???: "Sorry. I was in my thoughts." The Mayor takes notice of the supposed teen in front of him and doesn't really recognize him. Mayor: "Ah, no. I should be sorry. ...Have I seen you before?" "No. I'm new here, along with me siblings." "Oh, I should I apologize for my rudeness then. I'm Fred Jones Senior, the mayor of this town." he said extending his hand out to shake. "And I welcome you to Crystal Cove." Nakala: "I'm Nakala. Nice to meet you." he said accepting the mayor's handshake. "I would show you around town, but I have to get my son and his friends out of jail...again." "What did they do?" "Nothing serious. My son is supposed to set an example, yet he goes off with his friends and solve mysteries and builds traps!" "*Mystery solving group? I have to meet them.* Mind if I come with? I've got nothing to do." "If you want to. Where are you gonna be staying at, by the way? If you don't mind me asking." "Old Harrison house." "Ah, good. That house has been on sale for years."

They later arrived at the Sheriff station and once they entered, they see sheriff Bronson Stone guarding the kids. Bronson: "Mayor Jones. [notices Nakala] Who's he?" Mayor: "Sheriff, meet one of the new residents of Crystal Cove, Nakala." "Really? Well then, welcome to Crystal Cove, kid. As long as you don't do anything wrong, we'll get along fine." Nakala simply raises his eyebrow at him and looks toward the jail cell before walking over to the kids in it. Nakala: "Who are you five?" Fred: "I'm Fred Jones. This is Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, Shaggy Rogers and-" Scooby: "Scooby-Dooby-Doo." Nakala widened his eye a bit at the fact that a dog just spoke. He knows there are some dogs that can learn to speak a bit of English, but not as well as this one did. Nakala: "Anyways, I'm Nakala." Fred: "Nice to meet you. What brings you here to Crystal Cove?" "Nothing special. Relaxation. What brings you to jail?" Velma: "Cranky sheriff who doesn't appreciate civilian's help." Sheriff: "The way I see it, you kids were getting in the way of police business, again!" Nakala: "I already dislike you." he said, earning a wide-eyed, mad glare from the sheriff. "There's nothing wrong with citizens helping the police. I've seen it. And the cops I've seen we're actually grateful and thankful!" Before anything else was said, his phone started going off. He checks and sees it was one of his siblings messaging him about the house. Nakala: "I'll see you kids later. If you need my help with any mysteries, come by the Old Harrison house." he said walking to the door. Shaggy: "The Old Harrison house?! Like, that place is haunted!" he said, as Scooby jumped in his arms. "[opens door]...So I've heard."