S1-E8: The Grasp of the Gnome

It is night time in Crystal Cove and a medieval fair is happening with medieval European music playing. Around the fair are people dressed as princesses, damsels, princes, knights and even pirates. There were even people showing tricks with fire on sticks, girls with finger cymbals, and others with extremely long pants hiding their stilts. A girl watching one of these was sipping on her drink when a hand grabbed her shoulder. She gasped and turned around to see her boyfriend, who was dressed up as a pirate and showing it off. Boy: "Hmm? Huh? Huh?" Girl: "I still don't get why some people insist on dressing like pirates at a faire for knights." she says as people walk by and give the boy a disgusted look. "Because knights are boring. They're so, "Milord this" and "Milady that. Jouste me! Ohh, I've got the pox!"" he says as he takes her drink and throws it in a recycle bin. "Pirates, on the other hand, are awesome. Yarr!" The two start to walk away, but the boy stops as he notices his pirate belt is giving him trouble again. It's not wanting to stay in place like is should. Boy: "I gotta fix this thing." he says as he goes over to a dark alley.

He started to fix his belt, but then the sound of weird cackling was heard. The boy turned to see who it was, but no one was there. Boy: "Hello?" he called out before seeing something out of the corner of his eye. He turned around again only to still see nothing. He simply shrugged it off and went back to fixing his belt. Then he looked to his right to see a short but creepy gnome with glowing hands reach out for him. The gnome laughs as the boy backs up and falls over a barrel. The gnome grabs the boy's face and his veins started to glow as the girl came around the corner to see what was taking her boyfriend so long. Girl: "I could knit a sash in the time you're taking." she says before realizing what was happening. After the gnome was done, it took off over the roof of a building, leaving the girl alone to scream in horror at what happened to her boyfriend.

Fanfare music starts playing as more people enter the fair and are greeted by a short guy at the entrance. Barry: "I, Lord Barry, welcome thee to the royal knights fair." he says as he bows respectfully, only to be filled with disgust when he sees a couple of pirates. "Huzzah, more filthy pirates. Go hang out at a seafood restaurant." At the end of the fair is a castle, where the queen and court fool are. Gil: "Lord Barry's gotta relax about letting pirates mix with the knights and damsels. I told him not to worry about historical inaccuracies. More people, more money." he says, only to get wacked in the head by the Queen. "Ow!" Amanda: "Quiet, Fool. All faire should be kept historically untainted. Otherwise, who knows what sore of shambling low-lives will arrive.

Speaking of pirates, Scooby and Shaggy, along with the rest of the gang, have arrived at the fair. Scooby and Shaggy are the ones dressed as pirates while Fred is a knight and Daphne is a princess. Shaggy: Peg-Leg Shaggy says, "Arr, shiver me timbers and, like, break out the barbecue turkey legs and the mutton kebabs."Scooby: "Aye-aye, Peg-Leg Shaggy, sir." Velma, who never bothered dressing up for the fair, came in between the two and wrapped her hands around Shaggy's arm. Velma: "Any way a girl could dock here?" Shaggy: "Aye, but only if ye be in wench garb and talking all piratey." Scooby: "Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of root beer." he finishes as the duo walk on, giggling. Velma: "Let's see. I'm thinking of a word that rhymes with "No way i'm putting on those dumb clothes."" Fred: "Man, oh, man! This knights faire thing is awesome. We got to check out black plague village. I hear they've got a 6-foot-deep man trap filled with wild musk hogs." Daphne: "Who are you dressed as, anyways, Nakala?"

" Daphne: "Who are you dressed as, anyways, Nakala?"