S1-E3: The Secret of the Ghost Rig

It is a foggy night just outside of Crystal Cove, where a young man has been pulled over by a cop for speeding. Of course the young man is nervous so he has his shoulders tensed up the whole time. Officer: "You realize you were speeding." Driver: "Yes. Yes, I do, officer." "Okay. As long as you know." What they don't notice is that the fog really picked up behind them and thunder happened in it. Officer: "On your way, then. Drive safely." All of a sudden, a big rig came zooming past them while honking and what sounded like roaring. The officer immediately got on his motorcycle and chased after the big rig. Officer: "All right, you! Pull over!" he yelled, once he got next to the driver's door. It was only then that he realized what he was dealing with. The big rig looked ancient and had flaming tires with a terrifying roar. "Uh, e-excuse me! A-Are you aware that you're sp-speeding?!" The ghost rig slowed down and got behind the the officer, so now the officer is trying to get away from the ghost rig. He fails, though, as the ghost rig bumped his rear and made him lose control and drive off the road. His motorcycle lands in the cove, but the officer managed to grab onto some branches of and old plant. He wraps his legs around the branch as well as he watches the ghost rig disappear into the fog.

It is a bright, sunny morning in Crystal Cove as we see the Mystery Machine right in front of City Hall. Fred's dad wanted him to meet at his office, so he asked the gang to come along. Fred: "Thanks for coming along, gang. I really need the support. It's never a good thing when my dad asks me to meet at his office." Shaggy: "Like, dude, no problemo." Scooby: "Yeah. No problemo." Velma: "Too bad Daphne couldn't make it. Trust me. She loved to be here for you if she could." Nakala: "I wonder what she's got going on to not be here." The mayor then walks out of his office and is happy to his son here. Mayor: "Ah, Fred my boy. Today is a very exciting day for you, because today you learn the family business: politics!" Fred: "Politics? That's adult stuff. You know, kids my age are into traps and solving mysteries." "No, they're not, son. You're going to learn all the vital things I do for this community, like create pamphlets and strategize about new places to put parking meters." Velma: "[To the others] I know a place he can put a parking meter." Fred: "Fine. What do you want me to do?" Mayor: "Help me get reelected as mayor. Make me 40,000 copies of this campaign pamphlet." he said, handing him the pamphlet that his face on and says, "Vote Mayor Jones." Nakala: "Do we even have the ink for that?"

Meanwhile, Daphne is at home in her bed, knitting an ascot for Fred, even though it looks the same as what he's wearing. Daphne: "[humming] Ohh. Fred is just going to adore this new ascot." Daphne then hears her parents calling for her. Barty: "Darling, could you come downstairs?! There's someone your mother and I would like for you to meet!" Daphne gets up from her bed and heads downstairs to see her parents waiting at the bottom with someone else staring out a window. Nan: "I'd like you to meet Rung Ladderton, heir to the Ladderton ladder company." Daphne: "Um, hello. Nice to meet you." she says, extending her hand for a handshake. Rung: "Yes. Yes it is." he says as he accepts the handshake. Daphne felt him place something in her hand and saw it was a small gold colored ladder with a jewel in the middle. Rung: "It's a little promotional pendant I like to hand out." Daphne: "Oh. Thanks. But I already have a pendant." Daphne shows the locket to Rung as she says this, but he didn't seem to care much. Rung: "Anyway, give me a jingle, and we'll plan a magical night on the town. Oh, yeah. The life of the seventh largest regional ladder manufacturer never stops. Sorry, but I gotta "Rung." Heh heh." he says, touching her chin before leaving.

Barty: "Heh heh heh." Nan: "Ho ho ho! "Rung." Just adorable [laughing]" "Oh, my gosh, he is just perfect for you, pumpkin." Daphne: "Wait. Are you trying to set me up with...him? What about Fred?" "You're just friends, right?" "Well, yeah, but we're really good friends. And I don't know. It feels like cheating...on a friend." Daphne sits on the stairs as she says this, unsure about the whole situation. Her parents notice how she's feeling and walk over to her to see if they can cheer her up. Nan: "Darling, think of it like trying a new cut of meat. Why have ground beef  when you can have a nice prime rib?" Daphne: "But I don't even like meat. I like vegetables. Like Fred." Barty: "All we're asking you to do, dear, is give Rung a chance." Daphne knows she has no other choice. Meanwhile, back at City Hall, Fred is just staring at the pamphlet with disinterest. He really doesn't want to be involved with politics, to which Nakala understood. He despises politics with all his being. He learned to never trust politics, ever. He has a saying for politics: How do you know when a politic is lying? It's whenever they open their mouth to speak.