Chapter 1

It was another normal day at Phosal University's cafeteria as Felipe Gonzales and Lucia De Luca were getting food, although Felipe's proposal took Chiara off guard.

"Right, and why do you want me to be a part of it?" Chiara asks. "I don't need you being active in my game, I just want you to look at some drafts I drew and maybe critique it." Felipe answered as he reached for some papers. "Okay, I guess I have 5 minutes to spare." Chiara said as she and Felipe sat down on their usual spot. As Chiara received Felipe's drawings, she took out a pencil and looked at Felipe's character drafts. What she saw, however, were abominations.

"WHAT ARE THESE?!" Chiara yelled. "Those are the important characters for the game." Felipe replied. "ARE YOU MAKING A HORROR GAME?!" Chiara yelled once again. "No-" "THEN WHY ARE THE CHARACTERS LIKE THIS?!" She interrupted him. "What do you mean by that?" Felipe asked. Chiara sighs, "Are the uncanny and creepy vibes intentional?" She asks as she returns the paper back to Felipe. "No." Felipe answered, "I'm trying to create characters that are typically found in RPG games, because that's the genre my game will be in." He added as he returned the papers back to his bag and began eating as well. "Those designs wouldn't fit in RPG games, they're too uncanny." Chiara said. "Oh." Chiara could sense Felipe's disappointment. "I- I mean if you are trying to make a horror game, then those designs would've been decent." She said as she tried to sugarcoat Felipe's 'unique' artstyle.

"Well then I'll just commission you." Felipe said as Chiara choked on her food and laughed, until she realized that Felipe was serious. "Wait, you're serious?" She asked and Felipe nodded. Chiara cleared her throat and tried to reject it politely... "Sorry, no." Chiara said quite coldly. "But why?" Felipe asked. "I'm quite busy with school and with 'Live, Love, Lie'." Chiara answered. Live Love Lie is an animated series project that she is a part of including hundreds of passionate artists, writers, and composers. "Come on, Chiara, there are 20 artists in Live, Love, Lie." Felipe said as he tried to change her mind. "Yes, but I am the lead artist. If I stop leading, so does the progress in Live, Love, Lie." Chiara replied. "I'm not asking you to stop leading in Live, Love, Lie. I'm asking you to join my project." Felipe said. "Sorry, Felipe, it's just too risky for me." She replied. "How? How is it 'too risky' for you?" Felipe asked. Chiara sighed again. "Let's say I joined and drew for your game, how could I be assured that you'll actually be able to finish the game?" Chiara asked, "You want to create an RPG game, yes? That is quite a huge leap from being a Visual Novel developer." She added. "I know how to code the game, I just need the characters and the level designs." Felipe said. "Oh really? How much of the game do you know how to code? The menu screen?" Chiara chuckled. "No. I'm able to code movement for the player and the NPCs." Felipe replied. Chiara seemed surprised by this as the gap between now and the release date of his most recent Visual Novel was just a month. Meaning Felipe was able to learn how to code movement as well as studying in under a month.

"Well how about the combat system?" Chiara asked. Felipe was mildly annoyed by her comment. "I only had a month to learn the codes and the game engine, okay? You can't expect me to be able to create an entire game in under a month." Felipe said. Chiara was about to say something but then the bell rang, meaning they were quite late for class. So they basically ran to class.

After the class was dismissed, Felipe quickly walked towards Chiara. "Here's proof by the way." Felipe threw a flash drive on Chiara's table before leaving.

As Chiara waited for her driver, she took out her laptop and plugged Felipe's flash drive in and saw the game in an .exe format. So, she installed the game and saw that Felipe was correct. The characters still have placeholders in them like squares and circles. Although, as expected, aside from moving around, Felipe's game was still empty.