⑤ | 𝒲𝑒𝓈

In his twenty-eighth year, Wes Larsen belonged to the top ten richest people in the world

In his twenty-eighth year, Wes Larsen belonged to the top ten richest people in the world. It all began with a computer game he created while studying at MIT, which swiftly garnered the attention of two industry giants. Yet, this was merely the inception. Under his own company brand, Weslar, Inc., he went on to develop several more successful games and invested the proceeds into mobile applications. Alongside supporting various environmental and technological startups, he made significant contributions to charities and established foundations. In recent years, global media attention labeled him a philanthropist and a visionary, often comparing him to figures like Musk or Zuckerberg. However, such unwarranted scrutiny bothered him. He never cared for special treatment and felt best in anonymity. However, the times when he could appear in public without a security escort were definitively over. Besides intelligence and business acumen, he had something extra. Something that brought him to the forefront - Wesley Larsen was exceptionally attractive.

The tall, brown-haired young man with light brown eyes resembled nothing like the stereotypical image associated with the IT industry, except for the days when he fully immersed himself in programming. During those times, he could live in isolation for extended periods without social interaction.

Wes owned several properties worldwide, but he preferred living in the penthouse of a skyscraper in San Francisco, where his company was headquartered. Situated within a hypermodern, circular skyscraper with glass walls and lush terraces, the building boasted amenities such as restaurants, a café, a gym, and an indoor pool for its employees.

"Dim the lights to sixty percent and play today's news for me," instructed Wes as he emerged from the shower, wrapped in a towel, after a short workout on the treadmill. Despite his tall, lean physique, Wes wasn't exceptionally athletic, yet his appearance earned him a respectable seventh spot among the planet's most attractive men, according to People magazine - he even surpassed Chris Hemsworth. While he found this amusing, such accolades held little importance for him. With an IQ of 156, Wes excelled intellectually, yet struggled in social settings, finding direct communication exhausting. He felt most at ease lost in his own thoughts, where he could create things that eluded others.

"I'm playing a selection of the most important news on the central panel," echoed the voice of the artificial intelligence, Rhea, from the speakers. She was named after the Greek goddess of the Earth, Wes couldn't imagine his day without her. Apart from his mother, she was basically the only "woman" currently playing any role in his life.

The glass walls with a breathtaking view of the city dimmed, and on one of them appeared the main headlines. He quickly scanned the values on the global market and frowned at the mention of another temperature record. Global warming was on the rise. People like him thrived in the environmental crisis - it was common for millions in profits to turn into billions, but Wes couldn't bring himself to invest money against his own beliefs. Therefore, he tried to focus solely on new technologies that had the potential to reverse the crisis.