Chapter 10

"Right. Take care."

He hung up so I just focused on the door while waiting for Professor Sybill to arrive. Wait, I should retouch!

I hurried to the comfort room to re-perfume and fix my make-up. I am wearing a beautiful black satin dress and dark red lips that would be ruined tonight. I flashed my one-million dollar smile as I said to myself—"You're beautiful."—while thrilled.

I decided to leave the restroom but when I went out, the man I saw first was the man I never imagined seeing here. "Professor Mondalla, what are you doing here?"

But he didn't answer me; instead, he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bar, which annoyed me. "Hey! Let go of me!"

He didn't bother to listen and still dragged me wherever he wanted.

"What's your problem? Why did you bring me here?" I asked when he stopped walking and let go of my hand. I met his eyes with a frown.

"Professor Sybill is not here so you better go home now," he answered nonchalantly.

My forehead twitches in frustration. "What? I thought he was here. Isn't that what you said?"

"Yeah, but he canceled his reservation."

I didn't answer right away because the frustration was gradually getting on my nerves. I looked away to find some patience and I noticed we were in the parking lot next to the bar.

"What do you mean he canceled his reservation? Are your sources reliable?"

"Yeah."

I sighed and watched him closely. I feel the weight of my heart and it seems that in a few moments, my tears will start to pour. I prepared myself for this to meet the one I love and then suddenly this will happen, and of course, the rush will drop. I feel like I've lost my energy.

I just stared into Ismael's eyes while praying to the wind that he would take back what he said. "No, this is the only chance that I would get to see him. Give me the contacts of your sources; for sure, they will know where Professor Sybill is now. I will go to him," I pleaded desperately.

"No, you won't go to him."

I furrowed my brow even more in annoyance because I was astounded by what he said. "What do you mean? Are you hiding something? Why don't you want me to go to him? Are you jealous?" I asked directly.

He didn't answer so I panicked even more. I tried to engage myself in staring at him and when I did that, I saw him avert his eyes. What the hell is going on with him?

It was just a moment ago when he called me. How did this man get here in an instant? Something is off. How would he know that Professor Sybill canceled his reservation so fast?

"I need to check. I'm coming back," I stated.

I turned my back on him but when he grabbed my hand again to stop me, I was startled. Our eyes met again and I know that eyes can't lie.

"You're lying," I mouthed. "You're hiding something."

"No, I'm not."

"Then, let me go," I said firmly as I removed his hand from my arm. I burst into the bar and ran my eyes all around. No, I should check the rooms. I'm sure Professor Sybill is here. I have a strong feeling that he is just around and Ismael is lying. A woman's instinct is always right and the female energy we have is the basis.

I opened the rooms one by one. I don't care if their clients are surprised by me. I need to see Professor Sybill. I need to talk to him. And I'd be crazy if I didn't see him today.

"Miss Alvandra!" I heard Ismael shout from a distance but I ignored him. I just keep opening the door.

I hold the doorknob to the last room. I felt the strong energy that someone I was looking for was inside. I breathed out and was about to open the door when a warm hand stopped me.

"Let go of my hand, Ismael," I commanded as I stared into his eyes. "I don't know what you're trying to do but can you step out of my way?"

I removed his hand and opened the door but it was locked.

"You're just bothering the guests. Let's get out of here."

I shook my head. "No, get the keys. He's inside, Ismael."

"No, Miss Alvandra. This is enough. You need to calm down."

I was looking at him when I moved my hand. I knocked on the door. Many times. And Ismael could do nothing but watch me.

I held my breath and watched the door slowly open while praying that Professor Sybill would be there, but I felt as if heaven and earth were entwined when a woman greeted us.

"Yes? How can I help you?" asked a beautiful and somewhat elderly woman. She looks to be in her mid-30s.

I couldn't speak immediately. I just want to cry. I was hoping that Professor Sybill was here but he's not.

"Oh, sorry. I thought this was our room. My apologies," said Ismael for me.

I slowly walked away from that room. Carrying heavy feelings. I never thought that this day would end like this. I thought I would wake up with the person I love but no, there's no Professor Sybill here, not even his shadow. My tears started to flow. I couldn't stop it. It hurts so much that I hope to see him again and I am making every effort to locate him since he has just vanished like a bubble. I'm about to be crazy. What about me that he left? How about me, who was waiting?

I've been trying my best to survive because I still hope for the day that we can be together again. I even made a deal with Ismael because I really wanted to see him. I stopped my rebellions because I was looking forward to this day but in the end, all my efforts were in vain.

I got a tequila from the waiter who passed by. Not just one but I drank up all the glasses on the tray he was holding. He even stopped me because he said it was someone else's order but he kept quiet when I put down money.

I staggered my way to the center of the bar. I am not drunk. I can still see everything, even the man I was about to bump into.

"Miss, are you okay?" he asked but his concern disappeared as soon as he saw me. My drunkenness also disappeared when I recognized who he was.

"Jothea? What are you doing here?" He helped me stand up.

My lips curled downward when I got to see his face. "Professor Sybill?"