Chapter 1: A new enemy

Great Turf War (100 years ago)

The war that made Inklings and Octolings fight for the remaining territory was in full swing.

Two sides... Two races... The dominant humanoid species on Earth fighting each other to ensure their survival.

Any of them would give up. Neither of both species would accept the fate of being decimated as happened to the human race that previously dominated the Earth.

Both sides concentrated on exterminating their rivals and enemies... But... they focused so much on their adversaries and superficial life... that they forgot about what was beneath them... in the most mysterious place from the earth.

There was a worse enemy between both sides. An enemy in the cradle that made both races of Inklings and Octolings exist...the depths of the sea...

The Inklings and Octolings are surface life, the dominant species of this new Earth because at some point in their evolution they acquired the ability to breathe in both water and surface, acquiring the abilities of both cephalopods and the human species,  thus repopulating Earth and giving rise to the "Age of the Cephalopod".

However, there were also other forms of cephalopods that did not gain that ability when it was the time. They were doomed to stay in the depths forever. Looking closely at the surface life to one day take revenge.

Just as the Inklings and Octolings are reincarnations of the dominant species of the past that once dominated the earth several years ago, there were also other creatures in which the mantle of destruction was reincarnated.

Those creatures... would be known as the "Kraken Beasts".

They were four cephalopods that used the elements of the sea... the abilities of sea beings that had not evolved yet, abilities unique to marine life. They became stronger, larger grew until they reached a colossal size, the increase in water level during the Great Territorial War represented a gain in strength for them...

Until the Kraken Beasts became powerful enough, to take their step in evolution like the Inklings and Octolings did... To finally cross the line between surface and water life.

Four Kraken Beasts emerged from the water, like those monsters or giant beasts from fiction movies, wanting to cause destruction and chaos in surface life.

Once they began to unleash destruction on the new Earth. The Great Turf War was interrupted with the arrival of a new common enemy.But neither of both species was going to give up their offensive to focus on the new threat. Now they would use their whole arsenal to neutralize their enemies and the Kraken beasts at the same time.

The big difference lays ... in that Inklings were not afraid of their octopod rivals. On the same way Octolings were not afraid of their squid rivals. However, the Kraken Beasts due to their size, powers and strength were more imposing, more destructive and therefore they spread terror.