Chapter 2: Sacrifice

Octo Valley (Present. After the events of Splatoon 2 and during Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion)

There were personalities from the Octarian race, descendants of the Octavio clan such as D.J Octavio, and descendants of the Shigaki clan such as a tyrant named Valkotako.

Since D.J Octavio was defeated and captured for the second time by the Squidbeak Splatoon Squad, the election of a new leader for the Octarians didn't take long, so Valkotako Shigaki, descendant of the clan that has led the Octolings for years along with the Octavio clan rose to power, being years ago the sidekick of D.J Octavio, now he has to control the whole order of the Octarian race.

However, the Octarian territory was declared in a critical situation due to the number of desertions since the second defeat of D.J Octovius (since as a result the Octarian race was no longer sustainable). Valkotako declared new rules before the Octarian nation to stop further losses and desertions that become threats.

"In order to stop the deterioration of social conditions in time and prevent us from losing more people in our war against the Inklings

"In order to stop the deterioration of social conditions in time and prevent us from losing more people in our war against the Inklings..."

"As well as to guarantee both our common good and our victory in this long-standing war. A state of emergency is declared for these Octarian territories..."

"By decree of my predecessor D.J Octavio and the new Octarian council... These new laws come into force...".

"Anyone who has possession of gear such as clothing, weapons and other things from places outside Octarian territory will be punished with prison or even death."

"Anyone who associates with a foreigner, or anyone not from Octarian territory, especially our enemies the Inklings, will be punished with... death!."

"Anyone who listens to music outside of Octarian territory, especially music from enemy domains, will be punished with... death!."

"Anyone found guilty of violating these laws, or whoever who attempts to cover up any violations of these new laws, or anyone who associates with a person found guilty of violating these laws... will be punished by... death!"

He decreed Valkotako in conjunction with the Octarian council and leaders.

And so... a merciless hunt began for all traitors to the Octarian race and nation, as well as other people who tried to cover up these disloyalties or reject the Octarian nature (this in order to keep alive those who remained loyal to the nation and the race and get rid of those who may represent a danger to the race).

In just one day.... Around 30 Octolings who violated these laws earlier were arrested... and subsequently sentenced to death, executed by their own race.

Octoling Magisterium (Private assembly of the scientific community of the Octolings)

Now the Octoling scientific community was leaded by a member of the Takouya clan named Kouta Takouya: a master mind and elite soldier of the clan. Kouta was in a video call session with the other members of the Octoling scientific community (who were hiding to avoid be hunted and murdered by the Octarian leaders since their plans, although still secret, were seen as a threat to the leaders).