8. 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜

I laid on my bed, staring at my ceiling fan. Hazel sat on the floor, leaning against the bed.
        "Haze" I said. Her head popped up from the side of the bed, leaning over.
        "y/n" she replied, smiling.
        "I'm bored." I started, turning toward her,  "And hungry, do you want to bake something?" I smiled.
        Hazel stood up. "I love baking! Totally! Wait, can we make a cake?" She asked, smiling.
        I jumped up, walking towards the door again. "That sounds so good right now. I'm warning you now though, I can't bake for shit soo." Hazel laughed in response and started walking downstairs.

        I started pulling out regular baking ingredients, trying to find the flour. "So... what flavor are we making?" I asked, pulling down a bag of sugar.
        "Do you like strawberries?" Hazel asked.
        "Yes! Strawberries are my favorite, let me grab them." I replied, opening the fridge to grab a container of strawberries.
        "Seriously? Same!" Hazel crossed over to me, leaning over my shoulder, trying to grab a strawberry.
        "Hey, I only have enough for the cake... and even now I might not have enough!" I swatted her away, laughing.
        "Ok fine." She pulled away grabbing the bag of flour. "Where do you keep the measuring stuff?" she asked.
        "I'll grab that, which ones do we need?" I asked, turning to Hazel.
        "1/4 a cup, 1 cup and the tea and tablespoon measuring things!" Hazel started setting up the ingredients and supplies.
        I grabbed the measuring supplies and stood next to Hazel, looking over the ingredients. "Ok, what first?" I turned to her.
        "Hm... sugar!" She said, pulling over the bag of sugar. She leaned toward me, grabbing the 1/4 cup measure from my hand. I held onto it, Hazel practically holding my hand. She looked up from the measuring cup, smiling at me. I barely smiled back, my face flushing, letting go of the cup.
        Hazel poured the sugar into the bowl, staring the next step, cracking eggs into the bowl. "Can you grab the mixer? I think we need it for the next step!"
        I leaned over and grabbed the automatic mixer machine, putting the bowl inside. "Here, I'll pour the flour in!" I grabbed the measurement for the flour, pouring it into the bowl and putting down the mixer.
        "Wait before you start it-" Hazel started, before she could finish I pressed the start button though. The flour went everywhere, covering Hazel's face and my clothes in a layer of flour. I blinked a bit, turning to look at Hazel. Her hair was half coated in flour and she looked completely shocked.
        I tried to hold back my laughter. I put a hand over my mouth, smiling at Hazel. "Haze- I uh- I think you have something on your face?" I started laughing, trying to hide it the best I could.
        "Oh, really?" Hazel started, covering her hand in what flour was left in the bowl. She flicked her hand at me, getting flour all over my face. "Ooh, I think you got a little something on yours too!"
        I started laughing, trying to wipe four off myself. "How could you!" I flicked flour back at her.
        We both stood in silence for a few seconds. Then, we both started laughing uncontrollably. I bent over, trying to control my laughter. I was almost struggling to breathe, barely able to wipe any more flour off of me. "I need to sit down." I laughed, leaning against the island in the kitchen, sitting in a bit more flour on the ground. Hazel sat down next to me, still laughing a bit.
        "Look at me, y/n" Hazel said, looking in my direction. I turned to face her. Hazel reached for my face, her hand was warm, or maybe my face was just hot. She wiped off a bit of flour, smiling. "I didn't know this is what you meant when you said you were bad at baking." Hazel smiled, her hand lingering over my face for a second.
       "I told you so." I laughed, leaning towards Hazel as her hand pulled away. We were so close, I could have just leaned over and kissed her, but I didn't. Instead, I wiped off some flour from her face, smiling. "You look good with flour all over your face." I joked, pulling away.
        Hazel looked at me quietly for a second. "Oh- ha- yeah, I just have one of those faces, right?" She looked away, leaning her head against the counter behind her. I leaned back with her in response.
        "Do we have enough flour to finish the cake?" I asked.
        "Uh... no. But, we still have strawberries. Do you want a strawberry?" Hazel reached behind herself, grabbing the box of strawberries and grabbing one.
        I laughed. "Yeah, thanks Haze." I leaned over and grabbed a strawberry.
        "I never asked, when did you decide to give me a nickname?" Hazel asked, looking over at me.
        I chose not to make eye contact. "I'm not sure, I guess I just kind of did. Sorry." I looked down at the ground.
        "No, no, it's not bad, I was just wondering. It's actually kinda nice, I like it." I looked up at her to see her smiling at me. I smiled back. "Pj and Josie never like, cared enough to make up a nickname or anything. I don't want to be weird or anything but like... you mean a lot to me. We haven't been close for that long but you've just been sweet, and nice, and you're funny, I don't know, it's kinda stupid."
        "It's not stupid. It's nice, you're nice Hazel. And, for what it's worth you mean a lot too. And baking with you was fun, and so was watching a movie. Even though we're both covered in flour." I turned towards her again, both of us were smiling.
        Hazel put her hand on my face again, I laughed a bit. "What, do I still have flour on my face?"
      She smiled awkwardly and pulled away. "Yeah, sorry. We should probably go clean up, where's the bathroom?" She stood up and offered me a hand. I wish she would have leaned in just a bit more.

I had a different version of this ready butttt this helps me continue the story so 🤷‍♀️

this helps me continue the story so 🤷‍♀️