13. 𝙄 ❤️ 𝙉𝙔𝘾

The first day of the NYC trip came the weekend that me and Hazel had decided to start 'dating'. That Saturday, all of our grade gathered at the airport — it was absolute chaos. Every guy from the football team was still wearing their uniforms and practically screaming while throwing around a ball they'd packed. I was still waiting for Hazel, Brittany, or Isabel to arrive.
        "Watch out!" Some guy screamed from across the hall, right before a ball hit me in the chest.
        "What the fuck!" I screamed, throwing the ball back at Jeff.
        "Whoops! Sorry, I know your girlfriend will be mad!" Jeff said, nudging Tim. He laughed half heartedly.
        "You're just mad that your girlfriend barely likes you!" I yelled back, shutting him up quickly. I groaned and pulled out my phone, calling Hazel.
        "Hazel? Are you getting here soon, the guys are being assholes and the only girls here are Pj and some cheerleaders." I said, turning to look at the entrance.
        "I'll be there in about a minute! And, you might as well talk to Pj and Josie, they a rent that bad I promise!" Hazel responded from over the phone.
        I looked over at Pj and Josie, I couldn't even tell what they were doing. "I know Josie isn't! But Pj just acts so... weird around me."
        "I know, I know. But you might as well?" Hazel said, "I have to go, we're almost there!" Hazel hung up just as I had said goodbye.
        I walked slowly over to the duo. "Hey guys." I said. "We're uh- we're rooming together, right?" I said awkwardly.
        Pj jumped up while she looked at me, smiling. "Heyy, y/n! Yeah, yeah we are. We're both-" Pj looked at Josie, who sighed and looked down. "Both excited! Right, Josie?"
        "Uhm, yeah! You're in the self defense club with us, right?" Josie asked, smiling.
        I quickly noticed that Josie was a lot better at conversation than Pj.
        "Mhm! It's been so empowering honestly, and I feel like meeting everyone has been so great!" I said, smiling.
        "That's- yeah that's exactly what we're going for!" Josie said, nudging Pj, who rolled her eyes. "We're so glad people actually like the club you know-"
        "Hey guys!" Hazel said, putting an arm around me from behind. I smiled at her, trying to keep my composure.
        "Hazel, what's up with you two?" Pj said, clearly mentioning Hazels arm around my shoulder.
        "We're dating. Why?" Hazel said coldly to Pj, clearly angry at her or something. It was like she was jealous.
        "Jeez, no reason! Just didn't know y/n would go for you Hazel." Pj said, rolling her eyes. I turned to look at Hazel, she was clearly tense.
        "Why not?" Hazel said, pulling her arm off of me and reaching for my hand.
        "I just didn't think you'd be her type... with the whole Brittany thing, y'know?" Pj mumbled. Josie hit her arm and Pj put her arms up defensively in response.
        Hazel started to speak, right before eI interrupted her. "That was a stupid rumor Tim made up to be less insecure about himself. It's not true. Now can we please talk about something else?" I said, tightening my grip on Hazels hand. She smiled.
        Before Pj could respond the teacher called everyone into a group. We had to leave for our gate eventually if we wanted to make it on time.

        After the most excruciatingly boring trip through the airport we were on our plane, ready to go. Me and Hazel were sat next to each other in a row with some random kid from our grade I barely knew. The flight was only about two and a half hours long but I spent most of it sleeping, leaning against Hazel for support.
        "Y/n, look!" Hazel said, jolting me awake. "You can see the empire state building I swear!" Hazel said, pointing somewhere outside the window. I was still adjusting to the light so I could barely see, but I could tell we were close to the ground.
        "Wow! It's pretty." I said, trying to act like I could tell what she was talking about.
        "Like you." Hazel said jokingly.
        "God that's corny." I said, leaning back on her shoulder. "Wake me up when we land." I groaned.

        About thirty minutes later Hazel woke me up, we were a few seconds away from touchdown.
        After we'd made it back into the airport everyone quickly made it through to the exit, where we could finally see new york. The city looked so much bigger than Rockbridge!
        "I'm honestly more excited to explore than to actually do what activities they have planned for us." I said, smiling at Hazel. "I wonder if i've saved up enough money to go see a broadway show!"
        "I doubt that." Hazel said, laughing a bit. "But we can explore other things? I want to see central park!" She said. I smiled widely back at her.
        "We can figure out where to explore after all the activities for school. I brought some money too so we can go shopping!" I said, walking towards the moving group that was following our teacher.

        "Ok everyone! I have the sheet with your room numbers and groups, come up to me with your group and collect your key!" One of our teachers called once we'd arrived at our hotel. They must have paid a ton in hush money because it was honestly nice.
        Our group walked up first and grabbed our room key. The four of us headed up to our room together quickly. I think we were all tired from the trip.
        "Alright I call the biggest bed, okay?" Pj said, talking towards Josie— but I could tell it was towards all of us.
        "Shouldn't they get the biggest bed, y'know..." Josie mumbled, motioning to me and Hazel quietly. We could both still hear her. We almost started laughing the second we looked over at one another, trying to hold back.
        "It's fine! They'll figure it out!" Pj said loudly, opening the door to our room when we arrived. Inside there were only two beds, one near the bathroom and another near the window. Pj immediately ran to the one with the bed.
        "Alright, me and Josie are sharing this bed! You two can share that one I guess!" Pj said, laying down on the bed, fully spread out.
        It took everything inside of me to not kick her off the bed— or maybe just punch her. "Whatever." I said, pulling my suitcase over to my and Hazels bed. It was almost weird to think that we would be sharing a bed as girlfriends— even if it was fake.
        "Honestly, i'm going to bed soon." Josie said, pushing Pj over a bit to sit on the bed.
        "Same." Hazel said, sitting down near me.
        Pj groaned. "You guys are so boring."
        It's like she thinks that anyone in this room would care about her opinion. God she pissed me off.

        A little while later the whole room was asleep— other than me. I was laying awake in bed and couldn't fall asleep. Hazel was deep asleep and had gotten closer to me than I think she meant to because she was nuzzled up right next to me. Maybe that's why I couldn't fall asleep...
        I tried to relax even a bit more but it took like another hour until I thought I was even starting to fall asleep. Fake dating the girl you like — then telling your grade about you two was a pretty interesting way to spend a day.

Hope you liked this! just to note; I will probably only have a few chapters more, ending near the end of the actual movie :)

just to note; I will probably only have a few chapters more, ending near the end of the actual movie :)