Chapter XXII (Finale): Burried by the Curse

*A few days later, Koneko's POV*

I woke up in a hospital, I looked around my head in pain as I slowly stood up but a hand prevented me, I looked at the hand's owner and saw a nurse.

Nurse: "Ms. Toujo lie down, it's for the better." I could sense she was a devil so we were probably in the underworld

Koneko: "Where are... the others."

Nurse: "Mr. Yuuto was released a few days ago, Ms. Himejima is in the waiting room for visits and Ms. Argento with young lady Gremory are in the ICU.

Koneko: "What about Hyoudo?"

Nurse: "Mr. Hyoudo is safe and sound at home."

Koneko: "Which one of them?"

Nurse: "Which one? We had only one in here. One with a gauntlet on his hand."

So that means Y/N was never in the ho- wait could he even be there?

Koneko: "I see, how long do I have to wait till you release me?"

Nurse: "One more week."

Koneko: "Okay... can you send Akeno here?'

Nurse: "Of course I can."

She left and soon Akeno arrived.

Akeno: "Koneko, I'm so glad you're okay."

Koneko: "Who won."

Akeno: "I-I don't know honestly but I heard we did and it was all thanks to Y/N."

Koneko: "We did? That's... great... talking about Y/N... where is he?"

Akeno: "I have no idea, I haven't heard about him at all since we last talked."

Koneko: "He must be seriously injured."

Akeno: "Don't worry, he'll be fine."

Koneko: "Yeah, I just have to hope."

The doors opened again and we saw Sona with her sister Serafall, they looked relieved I'm okay but then Sona approached me.

Sona: "I see you have woken up Koneko."

Serafall: "Yes, I'm glad you're doing fine."

Sona sighed as she gave me her tablet, there was Y/N against Riser and Rias with Asia running away.

Sona: "This footage is before the end of the game, as you can see Y/N is taking on Riser alone."

Koneko: "W-What?"

She played the footage, I saw a huge circle that covered almost all of the battle area. The footage didn't have a sound but I could tell Y/N is talking about or maybe chanting something.

Koneko: "What is he doing?"

Sona: "He chanted some kind of ancient spell and it did... well you will see."

I kept watching as I saw that everything got white, I could not see on the recording anymore until the lights died down. At this point Akeno joined me and we looked together, shocked at what we saw.

Akeno: "There's no way-"

Koneko: "That's just... insane."

Absolutely everything turned to a crystal that went high in the sky. Riser was disappearing and pronounced defeated meaning we won but I didn't see anyone else. I zoomed in on the place Y/N was in before but I couldn't see him there nor anywhere near the spot."

Sona: "I see you have discovered that Y/N isn't there... well... I have some bad news to tell you."

Koneko: "What are those? Is he dead?"