6

"I'm sorry to say that the test results have come back, and it appears that your pup is lacking a father to push through the pregnancy." He continued watching the Alpha release his pheromones to comfort the pregnant omega.

"W-what does that mean, doctor?" Taehyung asks as he holds onto to Jungkook's shoulder to pull himself up into a sitting position.

"It means that your pup is not developing as it should be. Without a father's wolf genetic contribution, the pregnancy is at risk of complications." Mr. Kim replied looking at the duo who grasped onto the information.

Jungkook wasn't much of that shocked cause he knew from the pass two months Taehyung wasn't really around Junghyun, explaining the breakup.

Maybe the pup didn't get a chance to connect genetically with its father.
"Is there anything w-we can do?"

Taehyung desperately asks, fearing for the unborn pup. There is no way he would go back to Junghyun.

Poor omega failed to notice that he said 'we' and not 'I' but Jungkook notice every bit of it.

"Well first let me scold your alpha, Mr Jeon this is a crucial time for your omega, and I understand you are a busy CEO, but you need to take time to care for him ok." Mr. Kim says sternly at the Alpha.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung whipped their heads up at the doctor's scolding, totally in shock at the fact that he had mistakenly took Jungkook as the father.

"Um he's- "Taehyung was going to tell the doctor that Jungkook isn't his alpha but was stopped by Jungkook who left him still when he replied to the doctor himself.

"Yeah, I will take care of him, better this time." Jungkook replies ignoring the eyes boring into the side of his head.

"See Taehyung, I know you are trying to shield your Alpha but it's ok, so now let me explain what's happening to the pup. The doctor replied as he stood up, taking the chart that was placed on the table.

"S-sir- "Taehyung began to counter argue the Alpha next to him but was rudely cut off by the alpha again making him huff in defeat.

"We'll talk later, focus on what he has to say." Jungkook replies facing the doctor as he began to listen to the doctor's advice.

"There are several complications that can arise when a wolf pup lacks a father to push through the pregnancy. Without a father's genetic contribution, pregnancy is at risk of complications. Since wolf pups require a lot of care and attention from both parents, the absence of a father can lead to developmental issues. Right now, the pup's development is not on your side."

Taehyung eyes welled up with tear unknowingly, after Junghyun's betrayal his source of happiness dwells within his pup and god forbids anything bad happens to his pup.

He was brought out of his thought when he felt Jungkook's larger hand wrapping around his slowly, it felt strange, but it gave reassurance at the moment.

"So, what do you suggest?" Jungkook asks the doctor as he thumbs the back of Taehyung's trembling hand.

"Well, Mr Jeon I suggest you focus more on your pregnant omega, today you spent at least four hours next to him, so the recent results show the pup is adapting to your scent really fast which is excellent." Mr. Kim replies smiling at the little improvement he watches as the omega relaxes slightly against the alpha.

Taehyung was relief to hear that his pup was going to be alright, yet he felt reluctant to how his boss was behaving as if whatever is happening is normal and he should go with the flow.

"So basically, he needs my scent for the pup to develop?" Jungkook queries he somehow felt responsible or a sense of attachment to the unborn pup that was struggling to develop.

He was reminded of a familiar situation that causes his heartbeat to pick up.

"Yes, and don't forget to care for him as well, so I will discharge him, make sure he is fed well that is according to diet. We can meet next month for regular checkup, and I better see some improvements."

The doctor gently warns as he signals Jungkook to head out and fill up the discharge papers.

"I'll be back, in the meantime change your clothes, the nurses will help." The alpha tells the omega as he steps out of the room.

After 15 minutes passed Jungkook entered the room after knocking, he saw the omega was already dressed and waiting by the chair.

"Ready?" He asked Taehyung as he maneuvers across the room to help the weak omega to stand.

"Yeah, can we stop by the pharmacy to get some vitamins the doctor told us to get?" Taehyung asks as they made their way out.

Again, there was a slip off tongue he didn't notice.

He felt weird and very surprised at the way his boss and him tackled the situation back there.

"Already got them, there's a pharmacy on the first floor." Jungkook replies as Taehyung makes an o shaped mouth before bowing to thank him.

"Don't bow anymore, it can cause some harm to the pup." The alpha further added as he stopped the omega from bowing.

Taehyung really wants to laugh, and he does so quietly in his mind, afraid his boss would judge him if laughs so suddenly.

How could he not, especially when Jungkook's order was so illogical, the pup was the size of a kidney bean, so if he bends it wouldn't be affected.

They then made their way out of the hospital, Jungkook opens the car door for Taehyung waiting for him to get in.

He then places the plastic bag that contained the vitamins onto the omega's lap before jogging over to his side.

The car ride was smooth, and silence was comfortable but for Taehyung a question was bugging him, so he decided to ask.

What's the harm in asking questions, he silently consoled himself, while he was having a silent dilemma with himself, he didn't know his scent kind of gotten sour.

"You got a question?" Jungkook spoke when he smelt the scent. He swears out of the parking lot in the meantime Taehyung decides to ask.

"Why are you helping me? If you feel pity, then I suggest you stop, whatever this is, p-please."

Taehyung silently wipes the tear that fell onto the blush pink cheeks, he honestly felt like a charity case.

"I am not pitying you; I want to do this, and I was once in the same situation you know the only difference was that she was alone pregnant, and I don't want to leave you alone when I know I can do something."

Jungkook spoke softly as he turned to look at the sniffling omega beside him. Whose gonna tell him that there is more to what he said.

Taehyung didn't know why he felt strange hearing Jungkook talking about someone else but yet his heart fluttered when he heard him say he doesn't want to leave him alone.

On the other hand, Jungkook had this sensation around the omega, his sweet scent somehow increased and he could hear the soft fluttering of the pup's heartbeat and last but not least he could smell Taehyung's emotions.

He didn't if it was because of the new feeling of protection that had surged within him when the doctor addressed him as the pup's father.

"I w-wanna go home." Taehyung whispers as he brought Jungkook out of his thoughts who nodded in confirmation.

Thank you for 1k followers and 1k views!💜